Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2017 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

That was the cheapest one seen secondhand on donedeal last night, must keep an eye out but as I'm not in Dublin there are less second hand options on donedeal etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Blueberry22

Hi Ladies.... (and gents) we really are a quite bunch in here.... 😯

Hope all the lovely bumps are doing well? I'm nearly 27 weeks and have to say the tiredness has hit like a train in the last few days.... not helped by being up most nights with heartburn - doc prescribed nexium yday so hoping that helps....

How is everyone else doing/feeling? My maternity replacement starts in work next Monday! I have 11 weeks to go but needed a good handover time with her due to the role and what will be coming up....

Had a scan yday to keep an eye on baby's size asyou first was small - this one is measuring nice and big so fingers crossed it stays that way! Weighing just over a kg! Madness

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭quinevere

Only 24 weeks today still haven't decided what date to go on maternity leave want see how everything goes baby fairly active loves letting me know it's awake ..

• Registered Users Posts: 17 heldog

Your employers are very proactive and organised Blueberry! Mine will be lucky if they have someone in before I go. I am 24 weeks, I was at the doctor this morning and gave her my maternity benefit forms to sign. She asked what EDD I wanted to put down, I hadn't even thought about staying in work a bit longer. It's my first and my mum went 2 weeks over on all 4 pregnancies so chances are I will??! I'll have a think about it over the weekend and weigh it up! I take the dart to work so I'm thinking that will be the toughest part towards the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lizardlegz

Hi ladies, we had babas cardiac echo today and I think everything went well thank god. Consultant had to run out towards the end as there was an emergency elsewhere but from what was done they said all was looking ok.

All ok otherwise. My bladder control is seriously weak. Was giving out stink to my OH last week and wet myself! Couldn't even feel it coming out (TMI)... I thought it was my waters initially and then got worried and thought o no....! O well... That's what you get with 3 pregnancies I spose. I was never any good at doing the auld pelvic floor exercises....

• Advertisement

heldog wrote: »
    Your employers are very proactive and organised Blueberry! Mine will be lucky if they have someone in before I go. I am 24 weeks, I was at the doctor this morning and gave her my maternity benefit forms to sign. She asked what EDD I wanted to put down, I hadn't even thought about staying in work a bit longer. It's my first and my mum went 2 weeks over on all 4 pregnancies so chances are I will??! I'll have a think about it over the weekend and weigh it up! I take the dart to work so I'm thinking that will be the toughest part towards the end.

The last time I went out in maternity leave they didn't have anyone when I finished up.... this time I'm in a different role and they couldnt afford not to have someone in my role and they had to allow for a handover as well as me possible going out a couple of weeks earlier than planned.... I'm the only person doing my job in work so most of it can't just be picked up by someone else (already working there) if you get me? But I'm delighted they listened and we've been proactive about it.... she was recruited about 6 weeks ago so happy days - no stress...for a change!lol

Hope all you ladies are doing well? All hitting trimester 3 shortly.... ☺

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

Hi everyone. I graduated to trimester 3 yesterday and my body decided to mark the occasion with some monster vomiting last night! Ah the joys.

Been feeling good generally apart from the odd bout of sickness and have been keeping very active. My bump feels like it has doubled in size this week though. Actually had a bit of trouble putting on my socks the other morning. I'd forgotten that feeling!

Hope all is well with everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

Feeling really good here at nearly 27 weeks... tho want everything done yesterday which isn't working out due to tiredness and then we're going to Spain for 10 days on Friday!

Midwife told me to get my bag packed last week (having twins) so I eventually got round to ordering most boots-type things today. Don't feel like I could possibly be having babies anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭juicyduckie

Hi ladies!

Almost 26 weeks now so getting really big, just about settling into the whole pregnancy and feel like there is such little time left!

Last week we told our landlord that we are expecting a baby in October and the LL has suggested we leave as she is very concerned about noise and how a baby will upset the other tenants, and that the place is unsuitable to house a baby, so I'm really upset if I'm honest. Not sure what will happen as our lease is up in Feb 2018 so we're trying to figure out what we are going to do, if the LL even lets us stay that long... :(

Apart from that work have announced my maternity cover & she starts on 2nd September, so it's nice that's been settled at least.

In Holles St. tomorrow for a 26 week check-up, didn't realise I would be in the hospital so much!

Has anyone sent off their Maternity Benefit forms yet?

• Advertisement

I've just fill in my maternity forms I have my 26 week appointment with midwife next week and I was going to ask her if She could complete the form.. I'm due the 26th October the maternity form says you should start mat leave on Monday so I'll start mat leave the 16th October . Then send forms to be employer.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Easypeasey

quinevere wrote: »
    I've just fill in my maternity forms I have my 26 week appointment with midwife next week and I was going to ask her if She could complete the form.. I'm due the 26th October the maternity form says you should start mat leave on Monday so I'll start mat leave the 16th October . Then send forms to be employer.

I completed MB1 and got my employer to complete MB2 as I'm not self employed I couldn't see where the doctor needed to sign? Have I missed something important? I submitted them last wk at the end of wk 24

Easypeasey wrote: »
    I completed MB1 and got my employer to complete MB2 as I'm not self employed I couldn't see where the doctor needed to sign? Have I missed something important? I submitted them last wk at the end of wk 24

I need a letter for my employer confirming date of confinement ... there is nothing for doctor to sign unless your self employed ...

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

Hi ladies!

Last week we told our landlord that we are expecting a baby in October and the LL has suggested we leave as she is very concerned about noise and how a baby will upset the other tenants, and that the place is unsuitable to house a baby, so I'm really upset if I'm honest. Not sure what will happen as our lease is up in Feb 2018 so we're trying to figure out what we are going to do, if the LL even lets us stay that long... :(

I'm pretty certain that the LL hasn't a leg to stand on. In general, landlords have far fewer rights in Ireland than tenants, and people cannot be discriminated against because of pregnancy or babies. I would contact the prtb and/or Threshold to get a clear understanding of your rights so that you are armed with information if the LL approaches the issue again.

quinevere wrote: »
    I need a letter for my employer confirming date of confinement ... there is nothing for doctor to sign unless your self employed ...

I got the doctor to fill out the mb3 part that came with the form.

nosietoes wrote: »
    I'm pretty certain that the LL hasn't a leg to stand on. In general, landlords have far fewer rights in Ireland than tenants, and people cannot be discriminated against because of pregnancy or babies. I would contact the prtb and/or Threshold to get a clear understanding of your rights so that you are armed with information if the LL approaches the issue again.

Thanks nosietoes, I actually did contact Threshold and they told me the LL might have grounds to evict on noise and also health & safety. I'm pretty sure the LL won't actually be able to evict us, but there's no way our lease will be renewed when it's up in March anyway :(

We are so financially under pressure because my work don't pay maternity leave, so I'll be surviving off the Government benefit which is great, but it's looking like myself and my partner will have to live apart in our parents' houses just after we get married...I'm so upset about it!

Thanks nosietoes, I actually did contact Threshold and they told me the LL might have grounds to evict on noise and also health & safety. I'm pretty sure the LL won't actually be able to evict us, but there's no way our lease will be renewed when it's up in March anyway :(

We are so financially under pressure because my work don't pay maternity leave, so I'll be surviving off the Government benefit which is great, but it's looking like myself and my partner will have to live apart in our parents' houses just after we get married...I'm so upset about it!

That really stinks juiceyduckie.... it's the last thing you need. I think the whole maternity pay thing is crap too - there should be some rule that you are entitled to cancel amt of your salary.... I know employers (prpbably) have to employ someone else to cover for you while you are off but it's hard especially if you have a big mortgage/rent etc and then your suddenly down to 235 a week...

That really stinks juiceyduckie.... it's the last thing you need. I think the whole maternity pay thing is crap too - there should be some rule that you are entitled to cancel amt of your salary.... I know employers (prpbably) have to employ someone else to cover for you while you are off but it's hard especially if you have a big mortgage/rent etc and then your suddenly down to 235 a week...

Thanks Blueberry - so much stress at the moment, don't want to bring down the thread but just feeling very down about everything.

It's pretty normal for the industry I'm in to not pay maternity leave (although I don't feel any company should be able to get away with that these days, especially after the length of time I've worked there).
    They aren't actually employing anyone new to cover me either, someone is switching roles and she won't be replaced in her existing role, and I know she's getting paid less than I am now, for the six months - so they're saving around 1,200euro on her. She obviously doesn't know she's getting paid less either so she's getting done over as well really.

It's so odd to see how relationships change when you get pregnant. I used to be viewed as a very 'solid' person in my work who was chosen to be involved with a lot of projects and I've been completely overlooked since becoming pregnant, and the LL attempting to evict us would not be happening if i wasn't pregnant...it's 2017 but attitudes are still so backwards, in my experience anyway. I am enjoying being pregnant but somehow didn't expect that there would be so much negativity...

Anyway, that's my downer post over - hope you're all doing much better than me! Happy thoughts to you all for this week X

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Mimi21

hope your feeling in better form this week juicyduckie. I have had one of those weeks as well. Literally don't have space for the new baby and its really beginning to stress me out. Also waiting on blood results for choleostasis (sp?) something to do with the liver and itching all over which is not pleasant. Especially when I'm waking up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep.

Anyway rant over. 30 weeks this week so the end is almost in sight. I always think the August flys past and then we are into September!

Mimi21 wrote: »
    hope your feeling in better form this week juicyduckie. I have had one of those weeks as well. Literally don't have space for the new baby and its really beginning to stress me out. Also waiting on blood results for choleostasis (sp?) something to do with the liver and itching all over which is not pleasant. Especially when I'm waking up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep.

Anyway rant over. 30 weeks this week so the end is almost in sight. I always think the August flys past and then we are into September!

Thanks Mimi, feel a bit self-obsessed in the last few posts but just need to get it all out.

Having no space is so stressful, babies are so small but they need so much stuff - how does a person so small need so much stuff? :confused: :pac:

If the results come back that you have the liver problem can they give you something to make it stop? Itching is the worst feeling ever especially if it's waking you up as well :(

Today we booked the 3D/4D scan, super excited for that, we know we're having a boy and I'm so sure he will look exactly like my partner so neither of us can wait to see what he looks like! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

Fifib I'm in November thread, due my second. Had a swinging wooden crib for my first before he just moved into our bed (I don't like cosleeping when they're tiny as I have nightmares that baby is under duvet even when he was in the crib). My friend who lent me the crib will be using it again now so I was looking at a secondhand chicco for €140, you reckon they're a good purchase so?

I don't think €140 is good value secondhand as you would still have to buy a new mattress which is about €40 so same price really. I'm looking for secondhand too actually.
    hi ladies, was in smyths earlier and see Babylo also have a co-sleeper out. its 149 so bit more affordable than the chicco one. looked a decent size too
    anyone getting leg cramps? Im suffering awful bad at the minute with them. at night and worse during the day. doesnt help that im sitting mostly at a desk all day at work

• Registered Users Posts: 17 heldog

Hi Fifib, i'm looking for a co-sleeper too, i just looked the Babylo one in Smyths up there and it looks good. I like the mesh on the side and from birth to 9kg is perfect. So they should be able to go straight to cot once they outgrow it - ideally anyway. Are you planning on getting one of these instead of a Moses basket?

hi heldog, I have the Chicco next2me from my 1st baby and plan on using it again. one of the best baby items i bought! it was over €200 when i got it back in 2015, they've come down since but the babylo i saw yesterday looks the exact same. they're very handy if you travel too, we brought it with us to in-laws and if we were staying in a hotel

I had a moses basket for downstairs but she hated it, I still have it but dunno will i even bother trying it this time around. I have dogs so i wanted something to lie baby in downstairs that dogs couldnt get into so i used a travel cot. it had a high level basinette in it so i think ill use that again for downstairs.

hehe just realised that i should be more worried about my 2yo getting into the baby this time around than the dogs!! the travel cot may not cut the mustard for this monkey lol

Hi ladies, does anyone know if there's a Facebook group for October 2017 mums? I'm not always on boards but would use Facebook. And it's very quiet in here. If there is anyone know how to get a link to it? Thanks 😊

i set one up for this group way back but there wasnt much interest in it. theres only 3 of us on it. its called October 2017 Mammies. its a secret group so you wont find it in a search. if you pm me your email address associated with FB I can add you :)

fifib wrote: »
    i set one up for this group way back but there wasnt much interest in it. theres only 3 of us on it. its called October 2017 Mammies. its a secret group so you wont find it in a search. if you pm me your email address associated with FB I can add you :)

PM sent fifiB x

Lizardlegz wrote: »
    PM sent fifiB x
    you should get FB request for group now. Anyone else want to join the FB group? just send me you email address thats linked to you FB account :). its a secret group so you wont find it in a search or people wont see you joining it on their news feed

fifib wrote: »
    you should get FB request for group now. Anyone else want to join the FB group? just send me you email address thats linked to you FB account :). its a secret group so you wont find it in a search or people wont see you joining it on their news feed

Great, yep accepted! Gosh it's very quiet in there aswell isn't it! Fingers crossed is a sign the hospitals will be quiet too!!.... But somehow I don't think so....

Yeah it's so quite in here 😢 it's a pity...

• Advertisement

I loved the thread for my previous pregnancy. I find myself reading all the other threads instead as this one is so quiet. Hope all is well with everyone. 9 weeks to go here. Developed some spd over the last couple of weeks. Hoping I can keep it at a manageable level for the duration.

Advertisement