Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2017 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

I'm on a rollercoaster oct 17 fb group but think membership was closed a couple of months back. There's nearly 60 in it so quite busy.

I'm just about to hit 30 weeks with twins. Was flying it for a while but tiredness has really hit now again. 1 twin was measuring scrawny last week so have been trying to do next to nothing which hasn't proved too difficult!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Mimi21

32 weeks next week here. But looking like I might not get past 36 or 37 as I have choleostasis so tentative plan is induction either of those weeks depending on how the blood results are coming back between now and then.

My consultant on holidays all this month and instead of one trip to gp I am up and down to hospital for scans and bloods. Although on a positive side bloods nearly normal this week! Maybe it's just gone away which can happen!!!! And the itching has calmed down a bit.

Can't wait for consultant to come back so can put a proper plan in place. Baby still breech so may end up a section no matter what. Really wanted to avoid section. Had one on my first but natural on second. I just don't fancy trying to run round after two of them and a baby after a section.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

am i the only one who hasnt considered names yet? starting to freak a little but last time i think we over thinked the names and when it came to naming baby then we'd gone off them lol i like irish names. my daughter has an irish name and id like another irish name again i think. dug out the 2 lists for boys and girls we had last time..reckon we'll go with something off these cos still like them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

fifib wrote: »
    am i the only one who hasnt considered names yet? starting to freak a little but last time i think we over thinked the names and when it came to naming baby then we'd gone off them lol i like irish names. my daughter has an irish name and id like another irish name again i think. dug out the 2 lists for boys and girls we had last time..reckon we'll go with something off these cos still like them.

We are the same. We knew the gender last time and I had a name picked out for ages which my husband eventually came round too and which suits her perfectly.
    This time we haven't settled on anything. I think another Irish name again though. Really have to get thinking! Have my hospital bag semi packed now just in case

has everyone submitted the mb10 form? i was waiting for my consultant to sign it this week and realised the form has changed and they dont need to sign it now. I could have submitted it weeks ago!
    anyways just want to check as its a different form to what i had 2 yrs ago.. it says To qualify for the maximum 26 weeks Maternity Benefit, an employee must take at least 2 weeks and at most 16 weeks leave before the end of the week in which her baby is due. If your employee wishes to take the minimum 2 week period of maternity leave prior to the birth of her baby, she should commence her maternity leave on the Monday prior to the week in which her baby is due. For example, if the due date is Wednesday 12/10/2016, the latest date the employee should commence maternity leave is Monday 03/10/2016.
    so if im due 17th oct does that mean i can start my maternity leave on 9th..id be finishing up on 6th?? its not 2 weeks before due date but wording is different on this form

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 heldog

That was my understanding from reading it fifib and I filled it out the same as you. I only sent it off last week though and haven't heard back yet. My doctor signed the MB3 even though it says it's for self-employed only.

heldog wrote: »
    That was my understanding from reading it fifib and I filled it out the same as you. I only sent it off last week though and haven't heard back yet. My doctor signed the MB3 even though it says it's for self-employed only.
    had some fun with HR yesterday and this form haha had to convince them that start of leave date was correct as per wording on form. they checked it out and yes i was right. they entered my leave finish date but didnt add in any of the public holidays like xmas etc.. so i had to get them to change that. then they wanted my consultant to sign the mb3 form and i had to show them thats only for self employed. they must have only very recently changed this form as they really hadnt a clue! and theres been a few who left on maternity leave in recent weeks
    all done now anyways and off in the post!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Blueberry22

fifib wrote: »
    has everyone submitted the mb10 form? i was waiting for my consultant to sign it this week and realised the form has changed and they dont need to sign it now. I could have submitted it weeks ago!
    anyways just want to check as its a different form to what i had 2 yrs ago.. it says To qualify for the maximum 26 weeks Maternity Benefit, an employee must take at least 2 weeks and at most 16 weeks leave before the end of the week in which her baby is due. If your employee wishes to take the minimum 2 week period of maternity leave prior to the birth of her baby, she should commence her maternity leave on the Monday prior to the week in which her baby is due. For example, if the due date is Wednesday 12/10/2016, the latest date the employee should commence maternity leave is Monday 03/10/2016.
    so if im due 17th oct does that mean i can start my maternity leave on 9th..id be finishing up on 6th?? its not 2 weeks before due date but wording is different on this form

I filled mine in a couple of weeks ago and like that was trying to remember where the doc had to sign cos know he definitely signed it last time and then I thought I was going mad cos I couldn't see it this time... must send it away - my maternity leave actually starts this day 6 weeks so I'm actually late with it now..... 😯

No names really discuss here either.... on our first we had our girls name from really really early and there was no discussion needed on it
    ... boys name was a different story - we had two names in the end and said we'd see how it goes and what happens - it was a girl so problem solved!

Need to start thinking about hospital bag too... I'm 32 weeks tomorrow

How is everyone feeling these days? 6 weeks left in work for me - can't wait to finish. Am using up some hols at the mo so doing a 4 day week which is nice too...I find I'm getting tired very quickly - being out and about at all at the weekend really wears me out... 😯

Have a scan tomorrow - looking forward to seeing bubs again and seeing what size s/he is....

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lizardlegz

I'm just wrecked tbh! I'm only 30 weeks but bump is just so big now every time I have to walk somewhere my back gets sore. I feel bad for complaining because I'm not actually sick or anything. I feel very well other than that... But physically it's just really tough. And I feel bad for my 2 LOs. I should be taking them to park etc but just feel I can't run after them anymore. So there's a lot of tv being watched which I feel terrible about! Baby is breech and has been for the last 4 weeks. I really hope she turns as don't think I could bare a section. Not being able to drive and exert myself for weeks... I dunno how I'd mind my other 2 and do the monte/school runs. They're still very dependent on me. Just blah!

• Advertisement

Lizardlegz wrote: »
    I'm just wrecked tbh! I'm only 30 weeks but bump is just so big now every time I have to walk somewhere my back gets sore. I feel bad for complaining because I'm not actually sick or anything. I feel very well other than that... But physically it's just really tough. And I feel bad for my 2 LOs. I should be taking them to park etc but just feel I can't run after them anymore. So there's a lot of tv being watched which I feel terrible about! Baby is breech and has been for the last 4 weeks. I really hope she turns as don't think I could bare a section. Not being able to drive and exert myself for weeks... I dunno how I'd mind my other 2 and do the monte/school runs. They're still very dependent on me. Just blah!

This is exactly me (except I only have one other LO)... lots of TV lately... and I justill haven't had the patience for her at times - which isn't fair on her/her fault... it is hard when youre physically feeling wiped...there's days in work that I'd love to close my office door and just tell everyone to disappear!lol

Definitely feeling the tiredness now and I'm with you both on the extra tv. Trying to make sure she gets out and about as much as I can. Dealing with SPD the last couple of weeks as well so my fitness routine has fairly gone out the window but at least it's late on that it started.
    Hospital bag packed now and getting a little bit excited. Narrowing down the list of names as well!

I'm finding it so hard to pick a name!!!! There are maybe 4 or 5 names we love for a girl but everyone of them is just so popular these days!

Amelia
    Sophie/Sophia
    Emily
    Olivia
    Grace

I really like all those and there are a couple more not on the list but are all insanely popular! And I just don't want her to be one of 5 in a class with the same name.

I love the name Poppy which isn't is popular... But wonder if that is too much of a cutsie name and would be silly for when she's older....

There is literally no name I like for our girl that's not on the popular list!!! :(

so tired the last week or so. I work full time and my husband is gone every second month with work abroad so I try to spend as much mummy and daughter time over weekends with my little girl. we had busy saturday keeping her entertained but i was wiped yesterday then so we spent alot of it on the couch watching cartoons! she was happy tho lol
    31 weeks now - starting accupuncture this week..never tried before but will trying anything to go natural this time!
    Poppy is a gorgeous name. I wouldn't worry about the popular lists, every name seems to be on it. My daughters name is Fiadh, no one had ever heard of it but yet it was the no.1 name in galway last year. and still i meet people who ask me about her name as they've never heard of it! so i try to ignore these lists lol

started my hospital bag at weekend. pennys have lovely maternity pjs i discovered, that can also be used when breastfeeding. I had nightgowns last time but im 6ft so they were bit short on me so i wasnt comfortable at all in them. and they have nice light dressing gowns cos i was roasting in the hospital last time!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 everwander

Hey ladies, good to see everyone is doing well. October seems to be getting so close now! I'm going to jump on the hospital bag plan and get some things purchased for it.

I'm back to reality today after holidays - we went on Europe trip across the Balkans and ended up in the middle of a heat wave where it was over 40 degrees some days :eek: Air conditioning was hit and miss in some of the hotels and those nights were a struggle but otherwise managed great. I reckon I walked about 100 miles through all the cities but felt good so hoping it is good prep for labour hahah! It was amazing being able to jump into the sea when we fancied it as we drove along, such a life saver in the heat. The flights were a bit uncomfortable - I have the worst restless legs at the minute and they went crazy being on a plane for 4 hours.

I have a doc appointment this week and have to get whooping cough vaccine and start iron tablets.

I adore Poppy as a name Lizardlegz. Poppy Delevingne sprung to my mind - I think it still works great as an adult when I hear her mentioned. I have a name I love but husband isn't crazy about it so will see what we come up with.

We're picking up new car this week so I'm excited for that and have ordered a buggy/car seat set so will get that fitted when it comes in. Feeling super organised with my Next sale haul, buggy and car progress. Must have a proper think about what we need as, apart from those, we only have 2 baby books lol

Thanks ladies... I really just can't decide. Am delighted some of ye think Poppy is a nice name. I don't know why but I keep thinking people will tell me they think it's a silly name or a baby name. I'm actually really stuck tbh!
    But it's good to know those lists aren't always correct as I would've thought Fiadh would defo not have been on the most popular list! I can't recall if I've heard it much around Dublin anyway.

Everwander, well you certainly suit your username!!! How on earth did you manage all that! It sounds absolutely amazing! I don't think I would've managed tho... I've been waddling like a duck for the last month! Have put on at least 2.5 stone so far and heading on 3... And I've another 10 weeks to go! :(

Lizardlegz wrote: »

Everwander, well you certainly suit your username!!! How on earth did you manage all that! It sounds absolutely amazing! I don't think I would've managed tho... I've been waddling like a duck for the last month! Have put on at least 2.5 stone so far and heading on 3... And I've another 10 weeks to go! :(

I actually felt better when I was away Lizardlegz, I was so busy and relaxed that I didn't even notice being pregnant too much - it did me the world of good to be honest! My bump isn't too big (although it grew alot when we were away, maybe helped by the copious amounts of ice cream I consumed) - I didn't even get offered a seat at the airport on the way home when it was super busy much to my disappointment.

8.5 weeks to go for me. Just remembered, have hypno birthing antenatal course on Saturday - has anyone done it?

Really bad nights sleep here. I don't know if it's tiredness or hormones or both but nearly burst into tears in the shop this morning. The SPD pain has been much worse the last few days, just feeling a bit miserable.
    The baby is jumping around like a mad thing in there, at least a it's having fun! 😀

everwander wrote: »
    8.5 weeks to go for me. Just remembered, have hypno birthing antenatal course on Saturday - has anyone done it?

never done it but sounds bit like the gentle birth? Im doing a VBAC class next weekend through gentle birth. trying to avoid another section!

Those classes sound great. I would absolutely love to avoid section. Had section on first and natural on section. Recovery much easier on second especially with a toddler to run around after. Although saying that the section wasn't awful. About two weeks and I was pretty much back to normal. Even got certified fit to drive after third week.

Back down to hospital today for more bloods and scan. Baba growing well. Hopefully bloods still come back normal and I will be allowed go to teen.

• Advertisement

question for second of third etc time mums...did you bother with waterwipes for first few weeks? we use the Huggies pure and im thinking they will be ok to use on newborn too? waterwipes are so bloody expensive!

I certainly didn't anyway! Used simple wipes on the first two and plan on using for the third. Really for the first few days all you need is cotton wool and some warm water. I certainly found that best for removing the first poos which have the consistency and stickiness of road tar!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 helenmc13

Looking for advise on wooping cough vaccine I'm 33 pregnant and running out of time making the decision wheather to get it or not. Didn't get it with my first born in spring and this child will be a winter baby I'm struggling with a decision.

I decided to get it this time round, not sure why I didn't last time. I figured baby will be getting it at 2 months anyway so it's to take away the worry for those first couple of weeks coming into winter.

i got it with my first as my husband travels alot, countries you wouldnt holiday in and where hes needs his vaccines to be up to date before he travels to so it make sense for me to get any vaccines i could to protect baby. I got it again this time few weeks back mainly as my oldest in a creche and figured no harm in case bugs are brought home especially this time of year.

I got it last week. All going well baby will have first trip in December and I want to protect them as much as possible.

I did feel nauseous and tired for a day and a half after - maybe a coincidence but just felt really under the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 helenmc13

Thank you all I have booked the appointment for this week hope to have a decision made by then .

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭juicyduckie

I got the whooping cough vaccine two weeks ago, felt slightly 'under the weather' for a few days after but if it protects the baby it'll be worth it.

Have heard far too many stories of winter babies who got whooping cough in the last two or three years, apparently it's a very serious thing so anything to protect against that has to be worth a shot. (Excuse the pun).

Also getting a Flu vaccine in September, I haven't had one in years!

Best of luck with your decision Helen. x

I used water wipes for about the first 8 months on my first but that's because we got them all as presents/in hampers - I bought very few packs. LIDL now do a new born wipe - I'll but a few packs of them for the first little while for this one. I use the Aldi Sensitive ones all the time now on my 2 year old and will be using them on this one fairly early I reckon...

I gt the whopping vaccine a few weeks ago - got tit on the first too...

I was 34 weeks yesterday - we are so unorganised thsi tiem round though - I reckon we had nursery and everything fully sorted by about 32 weeks on teh first - we haven't started it this time round yet! I also haven't even bought stuff for "the bag" either... It was probably packed by this time last time... I already feel sorry for this baby!lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭quinevere

Hi I'm now 31 weeks had my 4 d scan and was thrilled now feeling like I
    Should start the hospital bag - what's everyone's opinion on baby's clothes should I wash them before baby wears them? I had eczemea as a kid and think I will but debating what to use just a non bio or do you I use a softener as well. Then again should i wait and see .. the baby clothes I brought so far are 0-3 months as a lot of people have told me that newborn is often to small? Any advice appreciated?

Advertisement