Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domain Help

Options
  • 28-01-2017 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello

I purchased a domain with Irish Domains and purchased domain only as I do not have a website set up yet. I just wanted to set up email first but it doesn't look like I can do this with them because I purchased domain only.

Can I transfer my domain to someone else and then add in the email or do I just need to u my subscription with Irish Domains.

Any tips please !!!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

You won't have email for your domain until you pay a hosting provider for a basic package.

You could transfer the domain to any provider you like and pay them for the service, but Irish Domains have a basic package for less than a fiver a month and I'm not sure it gets any cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Rolo1117

Dades wrote: »
    You won't have email for your domain until you pay a hosting provider for a basic package.

You could transfer the domain to any provider you like and pay them for the service, but Irish Domains have a basic package for less than a fiver a month and I'm not sure it gets any cheaper.

Hi Dades

Thank you for the reply.

I had purchased the domain from Irish Domains, I went back in last night and purchased email hosting.

Now my issue is how to link the two because when I go to set up my email address is says no domain name is linked to the subscription :(.

Any ideas of what I do next would be great, thank you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Why not give them a ring and ask them to help you out? The support number is on their website and I am sure they will be happy do help you. After all, you are a paying customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Simonoconnor15

It wasn't as easy as expected! We had to hosted with host gator, at least they have an online chat.
    Thanks for the tips!

Advertisement