Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pick Your Poison #25 - Your Favourite NXT Champion Ever

Options
  • 28-01-2017 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭

It's been quite while since I've done one of these but in honour of tonight's San Antonio Takeover I think it's time for another edition of Pick Your Poison. Today's question is quite simply, which NXT Champion do you think is the best ever. There have been a grand total of 9 different champions so far, with the possibility of Bobby Roode making it a perfect 10 at Takeover tonight.

If you could include reasons in a post after your vote that would be very cool. I'll make it an open poll so we can see who's winning as it goes on. Three days until it closes.
    Seth Rollins

1.jpg

Big E

2753153.jpg

Bo Dallas

3a33694722e5214d0343465a5fb714c1df05bae0_hq.jpg

Neville

adrian-neville-1420027017.jpg

Sami Zayn

NXT_REV_Photob_54-4035331215.jpg

Kevin Owens

Kevin-Owens2-620x350.jpg

Finn Balor

80fe5239f8803e6188d13d85f55d53839a355a54_hq.jpg

Samoa Joe

734ef463306a76e85c763a4d55d74180_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

Shinsuke Nakamura

082116_nakamura_WWE.2e16d0ba.fill-735x490.jpg

Your Favourite NXT Champion to date 16 votes

Seth Rollins
    0% 0 votes
    Big E
    0% 0 votes
    Bo Dallas
    6% 1 vote
    Neville
    0% 0 votes
    Sami Zayn
    6% 1 vote
    Kevin Owens
    12% 2 votes
    Finn Balor
    50% 8 votes
    Samoa Joe
    25% 4 votes
    Shinsuke Nakamura
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I was torn between a few choices but ultimately went with Kevin Owens. He was booked superbly from the get go and his interbrand programme with Cena while holding the belt was astonishing too. I think he was feuding with like 5 people at the time too, maybe Cena, Zayn, Itami, Joe and Alex Reilly.

I did enjoy Balor and though his entrances were superb and felt he was a real superstar down in NXT. Shame we've not got much to compare it to on the main roster.

Joe is class as a menacing heel and makes it seem like he'd die for the belt. I love that. Nakamura has been great too, a real character without saying too much.

Zayn and Neville were both booked very well too. The subtle tweaks to Neville's slow heel turn and Sami's underdog story were both really believable.

Rollins,Big E and Bo were before my time so couldn't really rank them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I'd rarely watch NXT but how Kevin Owens arrived to the main roster as the NXT champion made me look at it more and that effect for me would make him have my vote.

The others are good in their own right but he was booked to be bigger than the brand when he had the belt in a way which is both good and bad I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I loved Big E as champ so I went with him.

The theme song, the 5 count shtick, that epic night he stood up to The Shield, he was badass in NXT.

I maintain that if they took that character he was doing in NXT and brought him up to the main roster, and gave him a winning streak as he had in NXT, then he would have gotten over as a star - instead of what they actually did: inexplicably turning him heel, sticking him with Dolph as his lackey, and giving him a crappy theme.

He subsequently got over as part of New Day, and I'm sure he's making good money in that act, so good luck to him; but I still feel he could have been a big deal as a singles guy. He's obviously got charisma and can do mic work.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Took me a while to decide if I was biased or truthful.

I picked Finn.

Winning the title from Owens, in a ladder match, in Tokyo, started him off in a strong position.

The demon persona, the feud with Joe, length of his reign, the international bouts, first person to be NXT Champion and truely be positoned as a superstar upon call up (winning a major title). He was a brilliant champion for NXT

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Kevin Owens with 57% of the vote.

Surprised Joe or Nak didn't even get one nomination tbh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement