Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance - variation in prices etc

Options
  • 28-01-2017 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭

If we accept that insurance is based on a number of factors and worked out via complex algorithms then how come the quotes can vary so much from company to company?

I do accept we must be sure to be comparing like for like in terms of step back, cover etc but still...

To me it does not make sense.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

The Guvnor wrote: »
    If we accept that insurance is based on a number of factors and worked out via complex algorithms then how come the quotes can vary so much from company to company?

I do accept we must be sure to be comparing like for like in terms of step back, cover etc but still...

To me it does not make sense.

Due to the different claims experience of the different insurers, they will have different rates.

Eg, insurer A might have had several large claims from 30 year olds driving a golf so would likely rate them higher than a company that didn't have any.

There is no once size fits all when it comes to risk rating.

Advertisement