Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get started producing music/become a DJ?

Options
  • 28-01-2017 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

I'm looking into starting to produce my own music, be it original songs or remixes.
    I also want to start Djing in nightclubs, underage discos etc to gain some experience and make a bit of cash.

What are the necessities to get started? What equipment do you recommend/do I need?

I know they're two different things, that require different equipment.

I've some music experience as a guitarist, singer songwriter, but I've been told by friends that I should try my hand at this. How do I start?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Cheapest way into production is using Reaper software and a laptop or Studio One Prime
    If uou want to progress from there you have various DAWs to choose from, FlStudio, Ableton, Reason etc.

Regarding DJ'ing it's hard enough to get a break in that, especially if you are looking to make any money. What kind of music collection do you already have? You can go the old skool vinyl way, CDJs or just a digital controller and laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TheBiz

mordeith wrote: »
    Cheapest way into production is using Reaper software and a laptop or Studio One Prime
    If uou want to progress from there you have various DAWs to choose from, FlStudio, Ableton, Reason etc.

Regarding DJ'ing it's hard enough to get a break in that, especially if you are looking to make any money. What kind of music collection do you already have? You can go the old skool vinyl way, CDJs or just a digital controller and laptop.

I'd probably go digital control and laptop. I'm not a hardcore DJ and I don't particularly intend on it. I'd be hoping to do something similar to Robbie G and/or Welshy.

Advertisement