Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for G4 & G9 LED bulbs please ?

Options
  • 28-01-2017 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Hi,

As specifications and prices change, I am looking for current recommendations for changing my tungsten bulbs to LED.
    Some of these bulbs can cost up to €8 and i need over 50 G4 bulbs.
    Bought some cheaper ones before. Was not happy with the light output and changed back to my tungsten ones.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭joebre

Bump !

Surprised at lack of comments of bulb specification & prices !
    Would love to get some feedback !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

What are the lamps you want to change?

We were they 10, 20, 25, 40 watt? How many lumens do the existing ones produce

Here's a Philips 2W led, with about 200 lumens

http://www.ie.screwfix.com/philips-led-capsule-lamp-g4-195lm-220-240v-2w-1-pack.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=Shopping&gclid=CjwKEAiA8dDEBRDf19yI97eO0UsSJAAY_yCSnyI_q_Kvwzy3D4Vja2hAvh9CFiIrOJlC1ng9_8AGWxoCZDHw_wcB

Most of the bulbs I want to replace are in 2 fittings, with 20 bulbs in each. They are G4, 10W. I have no idea how many lumen. The bulbs are fully visible so the replacement will need to be capsule type.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

OK well screwfix have a 1.2 Watt or maybe a 1 watt LED , it gives out a little over 110 lumens and is considered by the manufacturer to be equivalent to a 10W halogen type.

Never used them but if it's 10 watt lamps then you'd need to be hitting the 100 lumen mark
    You can overshoot it to a 200 lumen unit as linked above.

Thanks for the info. Want to replace like for like. Won't be using dimmer so think the 2W (20 watt equivalent) may be too much. Gets tricky when you need to buy 40 bulbs at a time !

• Advertisement

Following up with my own feedback.
    Got a batch of Philips 1.2W LED as a replacement for 10W Tungsten. Really pleased with the result.
    Bulbs were €8 each locally but got them off Ebay delivered for half that price. Makes a big difference when I need around 80 in total.

Advertisement