Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

macbook air asking for icloud password

Options
  • 28-01-2017 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭

In trouble again, did an update today on macbook air and now it is asking for icloud password when I start up. The iPhone and iPad are fine, but this driving me nuts...Any ideas how I can solve this.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

vkid wrote: »
    In trouble again, did an update today on macbook air and now it is asking for icloud password when I start up. The iPhone and iPad are fine, but this driving me nuts...Any ideas how I can solve this.

Have you entered the iCloud password? Does it accept it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Ya, takes it, then message goes away and then it comes back later or if I restart. Seems to be completely random.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Happened to me too after some software update. Google that and go for the link to apple support pages that comes up. Basically its about the local keychain that needs to be reset but you may google the details yourself.

Had problems with the keychain the last update, but it was for a few different items..This time it doesn't mention keychain, just the icloud password. Pain in the rear but sure I'll do some googling later

• Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

No its down to the same thing. Because thats where passwords are stored, in the keychain. Something's off with it, thats why it keeps asking you for the password. You should only have to enter it the one time, after that it should be able to retrieve it from said keychain.

• Advertisement

Thanks.

One folder there so removed..There is one file there which I am not sure about. Login_renamed_1_keychain.

Should this be deleted also?

Advertisement