Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business name suggestions

Options
  • 28-01-2017 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

I'm in the very early stages of planning a business and I need to come up with a name. Essentially it involves organising ongoing training courses for a targeted market of professionals. I'm debating between a logical 'what it says on the tin' name or a 'cuter' name, so something like 'Doctors CPD' vs 'Wise Owl Training'. My head says to go with the logical name but I'd really like something catchier. Any thoughts or suggestions on names?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Scary training

����

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Thanks :rolleyes: Spice training has a better ring to it though I think :pac:

Another idea, my target market has to be registered with a body - can i use the name of that body in my business name?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭adrianw

Always go with the catchier/cuter name.
    Moonpig, pigsback,Asos, ect and more successful than - cards/vouchers/clothes.com

Even google.com as an example, is better than searchengine.com.

Also unless you plan on spending shed loads of cash on google Adwords if your customers google 'doctors CPD' you may not even rank on page 1 or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DesignerG

Definitely a catchier name. It will be remembered easier and down the road, you'll be glad of it even if its just so you have a brand and a voice! Good luck with it!!

• Advertisement

Thanks. Just need to come up with a name now!

Advertisement