Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC on Fox: Shevchenko -v- Peña

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

he was out, they shouldnt let him go back in

I'm not a huge fan of Cerrone's but I 100% agree with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Over in round one. What do them doctors be looking at between rounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 delgo_84

How can the corner let him fight on there, he was totally out of it. Makes the sport look so bad. There was no way way he was coming back in that fight

delgo_84 wrote: »
    How can the corner let him fight on there, he was totally out of it. Makes the sport look so bad. There was no way way he was coming back in that fight

Corner is one thing. They'll be hoping he recovered. Doctor looked like he asked him could he stand up straight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Herb is to blame a terrible moment, he clearly waved it off before buzzer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

delgo_84 wrote: »

How does it make the sport look bad? This kind of thing happens maybe once a card. It happens every night in boxing and nobody bats an eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

I was sure Herb had called it about two seconds before the horn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Missed seeing Donald get mollywopped like his boyfriend Tim was the other week, sad times.

When cowboy got up after the buzzer he was clearly out of it. In my opinion fight should have been stopped then. Even when he sat down of on his stool he had no idea what was going on. Thing of what taking more punishment is doing to his brain. Scary stuff

• Advertisement

Who's everyone got for the main event?

Pena imo, Valerie did look good enough against Holly but Pena has ground game, which I think takes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Interesting to see if Cerrone goes back to 155. It's clear he sizes up fine against the 170ers. RDA will also be very interesting in that division.

Greg Jackson is a disgrace sending him back out imo.

Gamebred wrote: »

In fairness how many coaches wouldn't send him back out?

Is this fight only starting a 3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Hm, well he was clearly testing him between rounds to see if he was still with it.

It was odd, he had a glazed look in his eyes like he was in shock but he was able to respond to the corner and doctor. Probably should have been stopped though.

In fairness how many coaches wouldn't send him back out?

Well thats the problem, there is always another day people in mma dont think like that though when moneys on the line and pride, a coach needs to make te decision but its a whole other debate,

25 mins of a striking clininc incoming here.

These are two badass ladies about to go at it here. Pena ftw.

Personally I think you need to protect the fighter and make the decision for him when he can't make it for himself. My moneys on the Russian girl. Haven't seen much on Pena to be honest

Well thats the problem, there is always another day people in mma dont think like that though when moneys on the line and pride, a coach needs to make te decision but its a whole other debate,

25 mins of a striking clininc incoming here.

I agree he shouldnt have went back out. But his coach is always going to send him back out. Ref and doctor are impartial and ahould be stepping in there. Especially the doctor imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Dont like Pena's moaning in the media lately so im pulling for Shevchenko myself here, very clean boxing and nice judo.

Fighting out of Peru?

Did I hear that right? Whats the story there?

Peru is always gonna be better that kyrgyzstan!

Those TD attempts from Pena are pathetic. WTF!

John_D80 wrote: »
    Fighting out of Peru?

Did I hear that right? Whats the story there?

Been living and training in Lima for most of her professional career. There since 2008.

Boom

Delighted Pena talking crap for ages was due a humbling.

WOW, What a finish.

Beautiful.

• Advertisement

Slick.

That elbow is going to hurt tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭tinpib

Valentina is delighted there.

C3TpBrhWQAENujI.jpg

Dean is a joker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

Cowboy made a mistake taking another fight so soon after his war with Brown, I think it's crazy he didn't have a medical suspension. He's also fought 6 times in little over a year. A break would do him no harm. I absolutely hate Masvidal though so I'm gutted Cowboy lost, I think he looked very flat tonight. End of the first round was dodge too, my take on it is Herb Dean stopped it then changed his mind a second later as the bell rang.

Also delighted for Shevchenko as I find Pena very unlikeable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

anyone else listening to the journos chatting in the background at the press conference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

weemcd wrote: »

Also delighted for Shevchenko as I find Pena very unlikeable.

She's decent on the mic in Combate Americas I think like her for that work but totally agree with ya a total entitled personality in run up to fights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Just watching now, Cowboy movement round 1 was terrible, straight up no movement. He can't expect to challenge for titles and fight like this.

He looked like an amateur

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Whatever about the dance that was some arm bar. Gonna be a great title fight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Did ngannou even throw a punch before he knocked him out ?

The man looks a legit beast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,504 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

ricero wrote: »
    The man looks a legit beast

Hardest puncher in the UFC?

Hardest puncher in the UFC?

Arlovskis chin wouldnt be the chin to judge but he could be

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

towards the end of round 1 it looked like Pena had Shevchenko in an arm bar but right at the end did Shevchenko switch it and have Pena in one?

• Advertisement

Cowboy proved again last night what a bully he is, when hes on the front foot its all good, pressure on and he got steam rolled reminded me of the Diaz fight last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Cowboy proved again last night what a bully he is, when hes on the front foot its all good, pressure on and he got steam rolled reminded me of the Diaz fight last night.

Good boxing and high pressure have always been his kryptonite, as well as body shots.

The fact that he took so much damage against Brown and had such a short break between, I always felt it was Masvidals fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Masvidal was impressive and he's calling out Maia now. Would be an interesting fight, just to see if he could keep it standing. His distance control looks very good and he can get off power shots from close range. Of course if Maia got a hold of him it would be most likely over quickly.

Advertisement