Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hidden Rules

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Stheno wrote: »
    Its under their usernames on touch and the full site dont know about mobile

It all seems to be weighted against the victim though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

It all seems to be weighted against the victim though.

What? Reporting abusive pms?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,557 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Grand so, we will pass it on to Boards.ie HQ. I doubt they would have gone for the nudity clause anyway. The office can be quite chilly. :pac:

Nippley?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Patww79 wrote: »
    It's not on Touch either. I'm using that and all you see is the username and their custom title.

Ive just noticed that if they have a custom title ut doesnt appear, if they dont e.g mine then it does

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Ah yeah I thought tom dunne might be alright from the tone but on mobile ze appears as "gotta keep the loonies on the path". Which is quite condescending.

I've seen Tom dunne in action before too. I wouldn't be comfortable reporting PMs via that route, does not seem impartial.

Awwww, you pick now to get offended by my tagline? Despite the fact it's been there for over two years.

Oh noes, I'll have to change it to avoid further offence.

PM me with any snowflake friendly suggestions.

Stheno wrote: »
    What? Reporting abusive pms?

The shaming/blaming "this must never be spoken of EVER"

The worry that the victim would end up being punished for not having faith in all the adminsitrator to be impartial nice people. Not that any of them have shown themselves to biased and condescending here.

I'm worried by some people's obvious panic that PMs that display a boards.ie bias, or even just the personal crusades of mods could be made public.

Doxxing etc, ban people permanently obviously.

Showing somebody up for the nasty bully that they are.... let the other posters make a call who they side with.

Of course that removes some power from the demigods and gods of boards so I can understand the reluctance.

There are good mods and good admins. There are some that range from biased smug pr1cks to downright nasty pieces of work.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Awwww, you pick now to get offended by my tagline? Despite the fact it's been there for over two years.

Oh noes, I'll have to change it to avoid further offence.

PM me with any snowflake friendly suggestions.

Honestly... this is who reported PMs go to?

And we are done here. We will bring the agreed suggestion to HQ and ensure the wording is as clear and unambiguous as possible.

Thank you all for your input.

Just a quick update on this one, the guidelines on publishing PMs have been updated.

Full details here.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement