Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why can't I close my account?

Options
  • 28-01-2017 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭

Hope this is the right place for this!

I've tried several times to close my account, why do I keep getting this message?

This is my one and only account on boards!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

You can never leave us. NEVER.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,557 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

You can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

To be honest I don't know what the problem is because I've never tried to close an account, but I'll move this thread to the Help Desk where one of the office staff will see it on Monday and can hopefully help you then.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Account has been closed. ​We will mark your account as 'Closed account' and delete any details you have entered into your profile.

We will scramble your password, turn off your ability to receive private messages and visitor messages, remove your ability to receive notifications of friend requests and to subscribe to threads and also turn off any notifications you receive from threads you may have subscribed to.

Your email address will be associated with your record for a time, as per the Data Protection Act.

Your posts or threads will not be deleted.

This is permanent and irreversible.

If you have any questions, please e-mail hello@boards.ie

Advertisement