Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are Stuff on Production lines still produced by humans these days?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

What about humans in jobs they like being made obsolete though.Taxi drivers and Staffless libraries and so on. Maybe they won't catch on as people were taking the p with no staff to supervise them

They'll catch on eventually. People will take the p regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Some people around here really do seem to have a hard on for doing away with the working classes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭puppieperson1

we need humans in assembly so they can contaminate things so we can have law suits and lawyers can have work and the courts and the insurance companies who else will put mice droppings in the cereal ........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Some people around here really do seem to have a hard on for doing away with the working classes.

No one in history has ever managed to stop progress and keep jobs just for the sake of it.
    The idea of a working class is backwards anyways. Ideally we'd have a situation where machines do all the boring, routine, repeatable work and humans focus on being artistic, creative and innovative.
    we need humans in assembly so they can contaminate things so we can have law suits and lawyers can have work and the courts and the insurance companies who else will put mice droppings in the cereal ........

When abattoirs are fully automated we can put in a random number generator that throws a horse into the mix every so often.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭puppieperson1

maybe we should be eating horse meat its less fatty and we have thousands of horse being destroyed each year from the housing estates in dublin & limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

eeguy wrote: »
    No one in history has ever managed to stop progress and keep jobs just for the sake of it....

with my suspicious hat on, I have my suspicions about supermarkets still having humans working on tills alongside self service machines - we all know that these days a supermarket could run totally with self service tills with just a couple of supervisors on hand for when the self service tills malfunction (or people get confused how to use them) thus cutting out all human till people (got a mental block, is it cashiers or checkout attendants they are called?) - but then the till people (or unions) will kick up a fuss and say "machines are replacing workers" but there are quite a few times I have been to a human checkout person and thought "your heart is not in this is it?" or they are talking to their mates on the opposite till who went out with who on Saturday night, sometimes with some you are lucky if you get acknowledged or even a smile or hello , goodbye, kiss my árse or anything - in them kind of situations you may as well just use a machine ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

with my suspicious hat on, I have my suspicions about supermarkets still having humans working on tills alongside self service machines - we all know that these days a supermarket could run totally with self service tills with just a couple of supervisors on hand for when the self service tills malfunction (or people get confused how to use them) thus cutting out all human till people (got a mental block, is it cashiers or checkout attendants they are called?) - but then the till people (or unions) will kick up a fuss and say "machines are replacing workers" but there are quite a few times I have been to a human checkout person and thought "your heart is not in this is it?" or they are talking to their mates on the opposite till who went out with who on Saturday night, sometimes with some you are lucky if you get acknowledged or even a smile or hello , goodbye, kiss my árse or anything - in them kind of situations you may as well just use a machine ...

As long as they keep the lady who tells me about her father in law with alzheimers and his A and E stays and her sciatica, and who tried to let me away without paying the 2.30 at the end of 82.30 because I had bitch resting face while I was going through the change bit of my wallet and she thought I was in dire straits. She's like my no-strings mammy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement