Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bird shot for . 22 lr

Options
  • 28-01-2017 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

What's the story with bird shot for a 22lr? Is it expensive? Would it go through a bird and hit the roof of a shed? Any information about them would be appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

I paid €15 for 50 rounds. I have shot birds in a barn approx 20ft high and the shot didn't penetrate the tin roof. The birds where sitting on beams roughly 12ft away. I wouldn't imagine the birdshot would be any use at longer distances

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Crow Pigeon and Pheasant

Luckysasha wrote:
    I paid €15 for 50 rounds. I have shot birds in a barn approx 20ft high and the shot didn't penetrate the tin roof. The birds where sitting on beams roughly 12ft away. I wouldn't imagine the birdshot would be any use at longer distances
    Yeah I was just wondering about shooting birds in the sheds with it! Sounds like it might be worth getting some so! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

At 12y the shot as covering an A4 size page with 11 hits, so at a longer distance the spread would be greater and miss the target

clivej wrote:
    At 12y the shot as covering an A4 size page with 11 hits, so at a longer distance the spread would be greater and miss the target

clivej wrote:

Thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

I found these rounds leave the barrel very dirty after firing 15-20 rounds. So a good clean afterwards is needed. Just something to be aware of

• Advertisement

Luckysasha wrote:
    I found these rounds leave the barrel very dirty after firing 15-20 rounds. So a good clean afterwards is needed. Just something to be aware of

Thanks I'll keep that in mind!

Advertisement