Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why pay managment fees

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Paulw wrote: »
    Again, not likely to be legal in Ireland. Your contracts say how much you pay, not what services you can and can't pay for.

I'm having trouble now with the levels of tongue in cheekery that's going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Please stick to constructive posts that won't confuse people who are not as well versed in being part of a management company. Comments like yours tend to generate arguments at meetings and people failing to pay their management fees, based on false info they read on the internet.

Tongue in cheek is for After Hours, not Accommodation & Property.

Paulw wrote: »
    Please stick to constructive posts that won't confuse people who are not as well versed in being part of a management company. Comments like yours tend to generate arguments at meetings and people failing to pay their management fees, based on false info they read on the internet.

Tongue in cheek is for After Hours, not Accommodation & Property.

They'd have to go to the meeting first which was kinda the point as for not paying the fees and being confused, I'm not sure they need my help - this thread seems proof of that. This isn't an uncommon question.

But noted, factual posts only from here on in. In correction to my first post then, a change such as one to the lease would require unanimous consent and would be outwith the OMCs remit, but they could facilitate it if required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Much of the responsibility (and power) exercised by the OMC is spelt out in the leases of the individual properties. These things can be changed only by amending every single lease. That would be so difficult to organise, and so expensive, that nobody with any degree of sanity would contemplate it.

Some things are not covered by the lease, and might be easy to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Joe222

So does everyone in a mixed development pay the same amount every year?

Or is it generally based on Sq footage?

Do commercials pay more or less than apartments/townhouses?

I know this may be in contracts but I would imagine all contracts are just copy and paste from some source that developers look to.

• Advertisement

Joe222 wrote: »

I know this may be in contracts but I would imagine all contracts are just copy and paste from some source that developers look to.

We do it by Sq ft. but as has been said above, things vary greatly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Joe222 wrote:

No I live in a mixed development where we have a caretaker there Monday to Friday. There are apartments duplexes town houses and detached house. The apartments and the duplexes pay more simply because lifts and rubbish collection are included in them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Joe222 wrote: »

Things vary a lot, depending on contracts, and contracts differ from development to development.

Usually it's based on sq footage, but not always just that way. Commercial units would be very different.

So, for your questions, you need to read your own contracts. How your fees are calculated are based in that.

Advertisement