Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No NCT, no swap over insurance

Options
  • 29-01-2017 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭

Went to get a quote to swap over insurance for a car I was considering buying.
    Guy on the phone said, 'no bother, just send a picture of the NCT cert, and we can put you on cover'

Car doesn't have a current NCT. I asked him if this was a new thing. He told me all insurance companies are doing it.

True, or porkies..??

insurance company. 123.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Never heard of it but there must be some truth to it seeing as he asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭edburg

I was not asked myself when I was with them, but that was 2 years ago when I took out a policy.

That said I would not be surprised having looked through gardai twitter thread and seen amount of cars seized due to lack of nct etc

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Carb

Happened me with 123 on new policy. Bought a policy and only when the purchase was completed, they said docs and cert would be sent once I sent in the NCT certificate and other usual docs. Had to cancel and buy elsewhere as the NCT wasn't going to be done in the 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

OP what year is the car? I changed cars recently but wasn't asked for an NCT but the car is 2010 so maybe it's older cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

It was a 00 car.

Been with 123 for a good few years, never yet been asked for a copy of the NCT. Either for my current car, or when changing cars.

Last time I changed my car was three years ago though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement