Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrical Pole

Options
  • 29-01-2017 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I recently purchased an apartment in the city centre.

One thing i overlooked, which is an electrical pole outside my balcony, i would say its about arm stretch reach distance away and quite an eyesore ( the top of the pole with cables are at eye level ) and the cables connect to buildings far away (no benefit to our building), would seem logical to have an electrical pole which is located closest to its end user?

Would anyone know the regulations on this?

Can i request it to be moved? as there is ample room on this street.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

No chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Can you post a picture please. I'm having trouble believing it's an ESB pole if it's only arm lengths away. Could you be confusing it with a telecom pole perhaps

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I recently purchased an apartment in the city centre.

One thing i overlooked, which is an electrical pole outside my balcony, i would say its about arm stretch reach distance away and quite an eyesore ( the top of the pole with cables are at eye level ) and the cables connect to buildings far away (no benefit to our building), would seem logical to have an electrical pole which is located closest to its end user?

Would anyone know the regulations on this?

Can i request it to be moved? as there is ample room on this street.

Thanks

I'd assume the pole was there before your apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,407 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

kceire wrote: »
    I'd assume the pole was there before your apartment.

And will outlive the apt!

The OP can't post pics so he needs t disguise a link to some

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement