Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non Alcoholic Wine

Options
  • 29-01-2017 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi
    Can any of you recommend a non alcoholic wine for me. We're having a dinner party and thought it would be a nice option to be given esp for the ppl who are pregnant and those who are driving also.....Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

michdee wrote: »
    Hi
    Can any of you recommend a non alcoholic wine for me. We're having a dinner party and thought it would be a nice option to be given esp for the ppl who are pregnant and those who are driving also.....Thanks in advance

Not exactly wine, but Shloer has been my saviour the past few months. Looks the part so can be drunk out of a wine glass, and it's good for quenching thirst too.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

All non-alcoholic wine does actually have a small amount of alcohol in it, so that's something to bear in mind. Shloer is awesome, so that's probably what I'd recommend. As for non alcoholic wine, (I think it's referred to as de-alcoholised) there's one calle Fre and the rose of it is quite nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I got a bottle of Freixenet Legero this Christmas that I really enjoyed. It was nice & crisp and not too sweet

http://www.legero.es/eng/non-alcoholic-sparkling-freixenet-legero-sparkling-germany-label.asp

I also got a bottle of Torres Natureo (the red one) that I really, really disliked, sort of tasted like ribena and the smell of a pub carpet. And I have drunk some bad wine in my days. One to watch out for :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

My wife got 6 bottles of this before Christmas on Amazon and really liked it.

I tasted it myself and to my untrained palette its very like actual wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

I quite like Eva sparkling juices, I think Supervalu do them and they come in a few flavours. But they don't taste wine like if that is what you are after

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭michdee

Super thanks all, went with the Shloer and will def try some of the others too. Thanks for the recommendations, really appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭snoopy29

Advertisement