Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reminder: If you don't watch live - the WWE App will spoil it

Options
  • 29-01-2017 3:39pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If you are hoping to watch the Rumble on the Network, after its over, turn off app notifications.

Also watch it through your PC or laptop and avoid the app. The app will bring you to the WWE headlines and spoil the result.

Had Takeover main event revealed as I forgot about the app spoilers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

I really don't see WWE's logic with the app sending spoiler notifications. It's really annoying

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, had this happen to me with Takeover this mornin. Usually cover 99% of the screen when opening the network. Forgot this morning and first picture was a spoiler for the main event :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Its annoying as the phone/tablet app is for the network and website.

On Xbox i thinks it just Network. Obviously on PC you go straight to the network.

The differences make it easy to forget the app spoiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,181 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I really don't see WWE's logic with the app sending spoiler notifications. It's really annoying

App is built for US viewers and would be expecting those to have watched it live and send out news

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You should also avoid places like facebook or anywhere else that suggests based on your browsing history. I had the UK chapionship ruined by suggested facebook page, where the cover photo was of the new champ holdng the title

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I am avoiding Facebook, Youtube and most of the threads on here for the next few days (good stuff we got another mod recently ha)

I am curious though those anyone know if the announcers during the rumble talked about the NXT takeover results? as I had planned on catching up with the rumble first but don't want to spoil NXT on me before I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I am avoiding Facebook, Youtube and most of the threads on here for the next few days (good stuff we got another mod recently ha)

I am curious though those anyone know if the announcers during the rumble talked about the NXT takeover results? as I had planned on catching up with the rumble first but don't want to spoil NXT on me before I do.

Not that I can recall. They did show one incident from it but it's not a major, major spoiler.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I know they mentioned NXT Takeover, and showed a litle part of the show (non match related) but don't remember them mentioning any match results.

Advertisement