Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DCC grant query

• 29-01-2017 3:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Not sure what the exact grant is called but the mother applied for a grant to add an extension to include downstairs toilet etc due to lack of mobility. Someone was out from the DCC and gave her a check list which consists of the contractor will need to be tax compliant etc but there was mention of an architects drawing to be sent in with quotation. Is this correct as I cant see any builder going to the cost of a drawing until they know they have the job

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

You need to engage an architect (could also be an architectural technician, engineer or building surveyor) to prepare drawings.

Then, as far as I am aware, you need (min.) two quotes from builders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Thanks so just to be clear to get approval for the grant you have to send in drawings with your builders quotes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

cubix wrote: »
    Not sure what the exact grant is called but the mother applied for a grant to add an extension to include downstairs toilet etc due to lack of mobility. Someone was out from the DCC and gave her a check list which consists of the contractor will need to be tax compliant etc but there was mention of an architects drawing to be sent in with quotation. Is this correct as I cant see any builder going to the cost of a drawing until they know they have the job

Yes, this is normal. You need to have a drawing showing the proposed extension, the builder needs to quote from this and then you need a registered Architect or Engineer to fill out forms stating that they will supervise the works and issue certificates of building regulation compliance and planning exemption.

Currently just approved for such an application for my mates dad so the process is very fresh in my head.
    The specific DCC form for when you commences specifically states Architect or Engineer.
    Thanks so just to be clear to get approval for the grant you have to send in drawings with your builders quotes.

Yes, also Tax Compliance from the quotes you receive, 2 minimum and the drawing has to show how the extension will be completed and how it complies with building and planning regulations.

Thanks All

Cant remember the exact size but think its 20Sq meters/ single storey you can go without planing permission. IF so the application will be based on one of these which will be bolted onto the back of the house to accommodate a new downstairs toilet/shower room and kitchen space. Can anyone give me a ballpark figure (by pm if needed) for doing a basic drawing that will be accepted for a grant application.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Thanks All

Cant remember the exact size but think its 20Sq meters/ single storey you can go without planing permission. IF so the application will be based on one of these which will be bolted onto the back of the house to accommodate a new downstairs toilet/shower room and kitchen space. Can anyone give me a ballpark figure (by pm if needed) for doing a basic drawing that will be accepted for a grant application.

Single storey exemption is 40 Sq. M with some other limitations.
    To give you an idea of our recent application, build cost of 32k and DCC are providing 12k grant. That's for a 3 person household surging on one income with the main income earner the one have the movement issues.

Also worth bearing in mind, that a basic drawing will,not suffice, you need foundation detail, floor build up, insulation detail, and Part M compliance all built into the drawing. The drawing then has to be signed by an engineer or architect with PI insurance and a statement that the engineer/architect will be supervising the works and signing off on completion.

Don't expect change out of 1k.

• Advertisement

Appreciate all the info.

Advertisement