Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chi chi London fit and feedback

• 29-01-2017 4:37pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I love the look of this dress for a special occasion, but I have heard mixed things about Chi Chi London. Can anyone provide any feedback on their experiences with the brand? Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Really pretty dress (as most Chichi dresses are!)

I've ordered from them a few times but all of my recent orders I've sent back. Of the 2 I kept, one didnt fit me by a mile (but I promised myself I'd get into it and didnt) but honestly I probably ordered an inspirational size.

The second one also didnt fit when the time came, so I've never worn that either - long story short but it did fit me at a point in time so I took the tag off, and then ate all around me for a few weeks and then amazingly it no longer fit. It was weird, as I could bring the two sides of the dress together, but couldnt get the zip past the seam, which was so frustrating. Anyhow, I've resolved to get a better zip put in that dress (and have lost a few lbs lately) so will wear it at some point.

I'd say most of their dresses are quite unforgiving. if you're borderline on a size, I'd order both to check the size.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Thanks Sarah! Modcloth sells some chichi dresses and the feedback there is definitely to size up, especially if you have boobs. I shall report back!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Percyxoxo

I bought a Chichi dress last year..got my usual size but it was too small and a size up was too big. So I altered the bigger size which I didn't mind as the prices are very reasonable.
    I thought the quality was good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Faith wrote: »
    Thanks Sarah! Modcloth sells some chichi dresses and the feedback there is definitely to size up, especially if you have boobs. I shall report back!

Yes, actually now that you mention it, they're not really cut for a busty figure, so if you're not large chested you may find their sizing more reliable. My chest is probably the main reason I've had difficulty!

My dress arrived today, and it's perfect :). I ordered a size up, as suggested, and I'm glad I did. I think it would have been too small across the chest, in particular, in the smaller size and I may not have been able to move my arms! The bigger size has a bit of space around the waist, but it just means I can eat dinner and not get uncomfortable.

It needs an iron to smooth down the pleats a bit, but other than that, I'm delighted with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Glad it worked out for you! Just want to add that I generally find zippers a bit tough, between the top and skirt element, after a few wears it'll soften but I think you need a second person :)

GingerLily wrote: »
    Glad it worked out for you! Just want to add that I generally find zippers a bit tough, between the top and skirt element, after a few wears it'll soften but I think you need a second person :)

Yes! I definitely had to zip it up with the zip facing the front of my body, then turned it around and slipped my arms into it :o.

Advertisement