Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird html problem

Options
  • 29-01-2017 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi i have a search bar at the top of a website. Whenever i click into it it changes straight to my create account page. I put the create acount page in my recycle bin so now when i click the search bar it goes straight to an error page? Anyone ever experience this? The bar is not linked to anything. Ill post my line for the search. Even with no CSS it stil does it.

<input type="text" name ="search" value="Browse catalogue..">

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Is there javascript running on the page?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bryan123456789

Yes but only a tiny bit off it and it doesn't do anything because I don't have it figured out yet. There is a small bit to try and fade my dropdown Li but other than that no but on the page it was linking too there is form validation JavaScript.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Something is causing the page to re-direct when you click on the input box, and its most likely javascript

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bryan123456789

Just solved it on my last nav bar item I had forgot to close the <a> !

Advertisement