Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

side by side

Options
  • 29-01-2017 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi all with the season now over I'll be on the look out for a side by side shotgun for next year ideally I'd be looking something second hand but in good condition 28 barrels electors and choked quarter and half about 1000 to 1200 to spend anyone no a dealer with a good selection of second hand side by sides or maybe someone here might have something they want to part with ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Redneck22

Joe in red mills goresbridge had a lovely second hand 20 bore beretta side by side recently

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭vwshooter

Thanks but sorry I forgot to mention am after a 12 gauge

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Brasros

You could try John Kavanagh in Fingal sports club or John Conroy in Co.Laois.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Or even Fingal Sports, Naul..... ;)

tac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

vwshooter wrote: »
    Thanks but sorry I forgot to mention am after a 12 gauge

The 20 bore doesn't give up much to the 12 bore these days. They are also lighter to carry, which is a real help slogging through mud when rough shooting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Hi all with the season now over I'll be on the look out for a side by side shotgun for next year ideally I'd be looking something second hand but in good condition 28 barrels electors and choked quarter and half about 1000 to 1200 to spend anyone no a dealer with a good selection of second hand side by sides or maybe someone here might have something they want to part with ?
    Whereabouts are you? If you're near Cork Pat Hayes in the spa in Mallow sells a lot of secondhand guns.

Based in meath I'll try fingal sports.i think I'll stick with 12 gauge better selection of cartridges

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Based in meath I'll try fingal sports.i think I'll stick with 12 gauge better selection of cartridges
    I bought a 12 guage side by side aya 1985 off that man in Mallow about 3 years ago for €400. Excellent gun and very little wear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭FISMA.

gunny123 wrote: »
    The 20 bore doesn't give up much to the 12 bore these days.
    +1

I shoot trap better with a 20ga than a 12ga. Much easier to swing.

That said, I wouldn't want one shooting ducks on the Sionna.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭J.R.

http://www.sportsden.ie/guns/gun-showroom.html?gun_action=256

Try Sportsden in Navan

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Tommyaya4

Paul Halloran in Drangan has a good few

I tryed sports den nothing their that I took a liking 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Rosahane

There are a lot of secondhand SXS in Hilltop, including a few very nice English guns that might be in your price range. Its well worth dropping up to have a look.

I might take a spin to hilltop in the next few weeks for a look might even break a few clays while am their cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Rosahane

I might take a spin to hilltop in the next few weeks for a look might even break a few clays while am their cheers

One benefit of Hilltop is that if you see something you like you can usually take it out to break a few clays to see how it fits :D

Advertisement