Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introducing families

Options
  • 29-01-2017 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Looking for advice on how best to approach introducing families. Managed to trace both birth mother and father last year and wondering has anyone gone though introducing birth parents to adoptive parents and any tips on how to make it as easy as possible for everyone involved.
    During my trace also found a full biological brother who was also adopted and trying to find how best to introduce my adoptive parents and his adoptive parents in the easiest most comfortable way too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Pat.90

Well done Phee_bee, my only experience is
    having recently been in contact with my own daughter "we exchanged Christmas cards", but I also sent one to her adoptive parents and received a lovely card in reply expressing their happiness at my contacting our daughter so as a first step may I suggest something similar, the beauty of a card is it doesn't have to carry a long message but can express your best wishes concisely and as small first step can be an icebreaker in itself.
    Wishing you every success Pat

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

As Pat says very well done on getting this far.

The first thing that comes to mind is, are all parties aware of each other and do you know how any of them feel about meeting up?

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement