Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Faster than 43Kw Charging

• 30-01-2017 12:44am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Came up on the Outlander thread.

Is the Ioniq the first car with a faster than 50kWh CCS charging capability?

I'd say it will be a while before we see any 100kWh Fast Chargers installed here :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,674 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

70kW charging is very impressive (Leaf max is what, maybe 45kW?), but do the Teslas not charge at up to 120kW? I know they have their own "supercharger" system, not CCS or CHAdeMO

Yep that's highly impressive for such a small battery 65 Kw all the way to about 82 KW then 20 odd Kw all the way to the end, very impressive indeed.

Definitely the EV to get today if you can't wait another year !

Someone on Irish EV Owners Association posted a pic of the Ioniq charging at the same rate on the ESB chargers which I thought were rated for 45 Kw, so that's a pretty nice surprise !

10-94% in 30 mins.

10-90% in 23 mins , sweet !

A crying shame the Ioniq has no remote app, seriously I mean come on FFS.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I'll keep an eye on the fast charger next time we use it. From glancing at it this evening it showed 55kWh up to 84% then dropped down to 22kWh, I'm not sure how accurate that will be a measure.

Yeah keep an eye on it. It will be interesting to know more.

• Advertisement

A crying shame the Ioniq has no remote app, seriously I mean come on FFS.

What about the official Hyundai (US) app I posted about a few days ago? I know nothing about it, the rating was low and obviously your device needs to be set to US locale for it to install, but does it work as a remote app?

I don't know I haven't heard it available in Europe. I'm sure the function exists, it would be mad if not.

10-94% in 30 mins.

10-90% in 23 mins , sweet !

How about 20-80%, I have no idea of what it would be like owning an EV but that would seem like a charge I would go for when travelling long distance. 15 minutes or so?

Ha, I guess a simple calculation will do the trick!

80%-20% = 60%

of 28kWh is 16.8kWh

at 70kWh charging that will take 14 minutes :)

Hyundai, as part of its presence this year at CES in Las Vegas, will be showing off integration between its Blue Link in-dash system and Google’s Assistant platform. The collaboration means that drivers of vehicles equipped with Hyundai’s Blue Link system will be able to control their vehicle using voice commands via Google Home and presumably other products that tap into the virtual assistant platform. That includes the ability to start and top charging for Hyundai’s electric vehicles…

Among the use cases, such as the ability to control remote start, horn and lights, is an option to initiate and stop charging for the Hyundai IONIQ. That will require only the user to say “Ok Google, Tell Blue Link to start charging my IONIQ,” followed by verbal confirmation of the user’s Blue Link PIN for security purposes.

You’ll also get access to other basic Blue Link functionality like locking and unlocking your vehicle, setting temperatures, and sending addresses to the system.

Hyundai is showing off the new functionality at CES in Las Vegas this week (we’ll be there to get some hands-on time), but it hasn’t yet said when the features will arrive for its customers.

https://electrek.co/2017/01/03/hyundai-google-assistant-home-charging-ioniq/

• Advertisement
Advertisement