Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Frying pans in homestore

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭rom

Suitable for all cooker types excluding induction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

rom wrote: »
    Suitable for all cooker types excluding induction

Would damage be done to the pan or the hob in this case?
    Genuine question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

D Trent wrote: »
    Would damage be done to the pan or the hob in this case?
    Genuine question

It wouldn't cause damage, the pan simply wouldn't heat up. Traditional cookers heat through contact but induction cookers work through a magnetic current heating the metal in the pan. If the pan isn't made of a magnetic material it won't heat on an induction stove

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Bought the 20cm and 24cm €19 including delivery thanks op needed a new pan now I've two...

• Advertisement

testicles wrote: »
    How do you use the discount code?

At the checkout put in the discount code

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

Any induction frying pans going? Our 2 just bit the dust!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

do you have to have it delivered? cant seem to get it to stqnd and collect? still really good with the delivery price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Anything else that's a good deal there to get it up to the 50 mark?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭5500

What are the prestige pans like in comparison to the tefals or any other decent pan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

off topic sorry but ive bought pans in homestore and more for induction hob and had to bring back. explanation i got was though they saying induction hob compatable they're not always.
    Anyways IKEA now do pans for induction hobs and very good quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

gomamochi1 wrote: »
    Any induction frying pans going? Our 2 just bit the dust!
    You can select induction on the page linked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭droidman123

Anyone ever use one of those ceramic pans? Are they any good and is there any advantages/disadvantages to the teflon ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭yannakis

Vorenus400 wrote: »
    do you have to have it delivered? cant seem to get it to stqnd and collect? still really good with the delivery price

From what I understand, the discount code can only be applied for delivery. I'd prefer pickup to skip that fiver but heck :pac: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Anyone ever use one of those ceramic pans? Are they any good and is there any advantages/disadvantages to the teflon ones?

I found them useless. Food just burns into them and they just get shabby looking very quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Can the discount code be used on anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I got two of the Tefal induction frying pans (28cm + 24cm) for half price down from €72.99 to €37 buy signing up at the till :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

Can the discount code only be used for online purchases? Or can you use it at the till, in the shop?

Updat : It's saying prestige saucepans can't be delivered, tried the discount code on Tefal but it says the code has expired. I'm obviously doing something wrong here !!

VOUCHER CODE IS INVALID

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

At the till for me

Got two of the prestige ones delivered yesterday... Seemed decent enough quality for the price... Said it COULD be used on induction on the box...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

If your in Dublin or can get to IKEA go there instead. I'd generally get less than 6 months from the Tefal, I have 2 of these the best of a year and they are still as good as the day I bought them.

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/cookware/frying-pans-woks/oumbärlig-frying-pan-art-50292096/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

Borderfox wrote: »
    At the till for me
    Thanks for that ... off to try it now :-)

Advertisement