Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1920's flapper dress

• 30-01-2017 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm looking for a flapper dress for a hen party. Has anyone seen anything suitable in any of the high street stores? Also where can I buy the accessories - headband etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Ferrari3600

The Earl of Worplesdon once held the metropolitan record for being chucked out of Convent Garden Balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Haven't spotted anything in the shops but amazon is your friend. Got a stunning dress for a 20s party for £29. Got so many compliments. Search the dresses not the costumes.

They have all the accessories too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I would suggest looking on ebay, amazon or depop for a dress. That kind of style has gone out of fashion, it was all the rage when the Great Gatsby movie was released, so picking up something in a high street store might be difficult. The likes of the accessories (gloves, headband etc) you might be able to pick up in a joke shop or even try the party section in Woodies, they do hen party accessories.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bookworm6011

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I'm too late to order from eBay or Amazon as the hen party is this weekend. Any thoughts on where I could find a suitable dress and reasonably priced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Honestly I don't know if that style of a dress would be in any high street stores at the moment but I haven't really been clothes shopping lately. You may get one in a costume shop. Perhaps in second hands shops? Put a shout out on local buy and sell groups? I was at a hen party last year with the same dress code and just borrowed a dress from my sister.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Tk Maxx has a few beaded 1920s style dresses

Advertisement