Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage advice - selling tracker BOI

• 30-01-2017 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,
    Id love some advice!! My husband and I both have reasonably good jobs but two unpaid maternity leaves has decimated our savings! We will need to sell our apartment which we currently rent out for our deposit. We currently rent a house at the moment.

I just wondered is there any chance of transferring our tracker to a new mortgage or is that only for owner occupiers. The least stressful for us would be to sell it first and see how much of a deposit we have (we are continuing to save so will be able to add to it) but does that make sense.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Talk to your lender.....All the lenders now allow you to transfer the balance on your tracker mortgage to a new mortgage for the unexpired term. They add approx. 1% on to the tracker rate and then give you a separate loan for the balance. I think Ulster and Bank of Ireland do not allow you to carry the tracker rate for the rest of the term....Bank of Ireland are 5 years and Ulster 10 years and Ulster charge approx. 2.50% over ECB.

Advertisement