Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easybulb/Milights/Limitless LED

Options
  • 30-01-2017 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Anyone used these at all? Have a bunch of them in my cart in the easybulb.com store at the moment.

They don't support Google Home or Alexa (although online research suggests there's a way to get them working through Vera or similar) but they do seem to have a pretty decent remote control which works well according to reviews, they can be timed etc and are controllable remotely through the iOS and Android apps. And crucially for me they come in an E14 variant (alongside LED strips GU10, E27, B22).

Anyone have any of them?

www.easybulb.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Have been looking at these as I found a thread here https://community.smartthings.com/t/device-type-for-milight-easybulb-limitlessled-wifi-controller/24956
    seems like these are essentially the bulbs used by Xiaomi and I am keen to get into HA and I think the Xiaomi stuff looks great and price is great too.
    Also, it's hard to get G14 bulbs and I have a lot of those fittings in lamps so these look great for the price

Interested to hear what other think also

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Have been looking at these as I found a thread here https://community.smartthings.com/t/device-type-for-milight-easybulb-limitlessled-wifi-controller/24956
    seems like these are essentially the bulbs used by Xiaomi and I am keen to get into HA and I think the Xiaomi stuff looks great and price is great too.
    Also, it's hard to get G14 bulbs and I have a lot of those fittings in lamps so these look great for the price

Interested to hear what other think also
    Oddly I've just been looking at the Xiaomi Smart Home suite on Gearbest - works with Smartthings apparently and only €35.55.

I'll have to do some more research on here on it.

http://www.gearbest.com/smart-home/pp_197862.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

We are on the same hymn sheet!

From what I can tell these bulbs may work with the Xiaomi Smart Home gateway - if they do then great as the price is spot on and looks like a good entry into the HA arena

From what I can tell these bulbs may work with the Xiaomi Smart Home gateway - if they do then great as the price is spot on and looks like a good entry into the HA arena

Possibly, but I think you need to have a knowledge of OpenHab etc to get them to work with the Xiaomi stuff - that's all beyond me at the moment - although I'd love to learn.

Have asked these guys a few times by email if these bulbs are getting Echo and/or Google Home support. Got an answer today - Echo support will arrive 'later' but not Google Home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Have asked these guys a few times by email if these bulbs are getting Echo and/or Google Home support. Got an answer today - Echo support will arrive 'later' but not Google Home.

Jaysus, no plans for Google home integration, that's not a good sign

Advertisement