Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commercial and private policy

Options
  • 30-01-2017 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Hi all
    My brother farms in Mayo and has asked for my help with this one but i cant figure it out.

He has a full irish licence for 16 years and 6 years no claims bonus.
    He has had commercial insurance on his farming jeep and now needs to get covered on a small car because he needs to do a bit of distance travelling as well and the jeep is very expensive for long journeys.

The problem is that he is getting car quotes for a small car as if he were a new and high risk driver (which he isnt) circ €3000

to me this flies in the face of logic regardless of technicalities relating to where his no claims bonus resides. he can only drive one vehicle at a time.

any advice would be appreciated or anyone know insurance companies that will allow him to mirror his no claims bonus on a second vehicle

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

Will both vehicles be insured only driving ?
    His current insurer for jeep is his best bet..

Advertisement