Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking deceased persons phone?

Options
  • 30-01-2017 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi,my brother unfortunately passed very suddenly,Mam has his phone but he has a pin lock on it,its a Huawei android phone. Bit wary bringing it to a chinese shop as he had banking details and that on it,anyone know a way around unlocking the phone? Any help much appreciated ☺

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Sorry to hear about your loss to start with.. Is the pin lock from the sim or the device itself if you remove the sim can you access it>??

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Sorry for your loss. Do you need photos etc off it? Do you have his email address and password? I presume you've tried his year of birth?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Sorry for your loss if you do get into it have a look around and clear any stuff off it your mum is better off not seeing. Some Pictures (not all) and some texts etc.
    Do show it to her as there's things she might treasure.

If you can get into his gmail account linked to the phone you'll be able to get into the phone.
    Try the oblivious pins first date of birth etc 1999 or day he was born 0112 etc or just 0000

• Registered Users Posts: 49 2006K

Thanks, it is just a device pin I think,I found his sim card and puk pin in the box off the phone. I have his email and password so will have a look if I can access the gmail account. Its actually videos and pics she wanted,my Dads in a nursing home so he had some treasured photos on it. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

2006K wrote: »
    Thanks, it is just a device pin I think,I found his sim card and puk pin in the box off the phone. I have his email and password so will have a look if I can access the gmail account. Its actually videos and pics she wanted,my Dads in a nursing home so he had some treasured photos on it. Thanks again
    If you can access Gmail you can check to see if he was using Google Photos to back up his photos. (photos.google.com)
    Otherwise perhaps search Gmail to see if he had a Dropbox account?

Sincere condolences on your loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭eurasian

Sorry for your loss, OP. My condolences to you. If you want to copy photos and videos etc try to simply connect the phone to your PC/laptop via cable. It should come up as external storage disk. You should have no difficulties.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

Most companies google/microsoft/facebook/apple allow you to access a deceased relatives account after jumping through a few hoops to confirm your relation to them.

https://support.google.com/accounts/troubleshooter/6357590?hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 49 2006K

Thks so much 💕

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

2006k-I'm so sorry you're going through this.

I had the same issue when my husband died. Bear in mind that this was back in 2009 and this was a brick phone as opposed to a smart phone- I went to the nearest Meteor shop and explained the situation and they reset it for me there and then.
    Policies, procedure (and phones) have changed but if it's a straightforward access PIN, you may be in luck.

Best of luck and hope you get sorted without too much hassle.

Advertisement