Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could I be pregnant?

Options
  • 30-01-2017 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

For the last week or so I have a feeling I'm pregnant even though I have been taking the pill. I'm experiencing a few symptoms like nausea, tender breasts and also feeling little flutter like movements in my lower abdomen. When I googled this apparently this flutter like feeling is quite common as an early sign of pregnancy? I had my period on my 7 day pill break and since starting my new packet(8 days ago) I'm feeling nauseous a lot!
    Am I being paranoid or could I really be pregnant? I have never missed a pill.
    Also if I am I'm worried that I'm still taking my pill?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

If I'm reading your post correctly, it's two weeks-ish since the first day of your period? If that's the case, it's quite unlikely that you're pregnant. But that said, the pill isn't foolproof even when taken correctly so to put your mind at rest maybe take an early pregnancy test such as First Response?
    As for taking the pill now, give the pharmacy you go to a call and ask to speak to the pharmacist, they'll advise you on what's best to do. They get calls like that all the time so don't be afraid to ask.
    Hope all goes well for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Pods1987

s4uv3 wrote: »
    If I'm reading your post correctly, it's two weeks-ish since the first day of your period? If that's the case, it's quite unlikely that you're pregnant. But that said, the pill isn't foolproof even when taken correctly so to put your mind at rest maybe take an early pregnancy test such as First Response?
    As for taking the pill now, give the pharmacy you go to a call and ask to speak to the pharmacist, they'll advise you on what's best to do. They get calls like that all the time so don't be afraid to ask.
    Hope all goes well for you :)

Thanks, yes it's two weeks since first day of my last period. I have taken a first response test which was negative but on the packet it says these work 6 days before your missed period, so my period won't be due for another two weeks.
    I might ring my pharmacist/Gp thanks for advice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I've never heard of flutters as an early symptom, only as early movements at 12-22 weeks. If your period isn't due for two weeks the earliest a test would work would be a few days before it was due.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Your dates would mean that you would be ovulating around now, so you actually physically could not be pregnant.

Advertisement