Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nepresso pods

Options
  • 30-01-2017 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Can anyone point me in the direction for compatible nepresso pods ? I've tried Lidl and aldi but they seem to most have expresso.Im looking for cappuccino and latte ones .Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

shardylan wrote: »
    Can anyone point me in the direction for compatible nepresso pods ? I've tried Lidl and aldi but they seem to most have expresso.Im looking for cappuccino and latte ones .Thanks

Even Nespresso don't do cappuccino or latte pods. What exactly are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Even Nespresso don't do cappuccino or latte pods. What exactly are you looking for?

Are there any pods that are compatible in latte or cappuccino ?0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭Jofspring

You use the espresso pods to make a latte or cappuccino a long with a milk frother/steamer. If you want pods that make a full cappuccino or Latte then you need to buy a machine like a Dulce Gusto and buy their specific pods.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Or just buy instant sachets.
    Milk frother would be the way to go. Aldi often do them.

Thanks I haven't a clue and got it as a gift so didn't know where to even start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

Nespresso machines generally only make the espresso part. Some Nespresso machines come with frothers attached or bundled but none AFAIK actually make a latte or cappuccino.

As previous posters have indicated the machines that make them are Dolce Gusto/Tassimo etc.

You can get Nespresso branded frothers or Aldi and the likes sometimes do them for around €20.

Alternatively but a cheapo battery whisk frother and work from there.

https://www.dolce-gusto.ie/m/coffee-machines/piccolo-krups-matt-black

This is one I got .Havent opened it yet so don't know full spec

https://www.dolce-gusto.ie/m/coffee-machines/piccolo-krups-matt-black

This is one I got .Havent opened it yet so don't know full spec

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya that's not a nespresso machine. It won't take the pods from lidl and ALDI. You need to pick up Dolce Gusto pods. They sell them in Dunnes, Tesco, Super Valu.

I'm a pretty passionate advocate for nespresso and ive tried the robert roberts and bewleys pods and theyre just not the same as buying the nespresso pods. I quite enjoy going into the shop off grafton and i "try" 2 or 3 coffees while I'm there. You say you want a cappuccino well you can make any pod flavour into a cappuccino if you have a frother. There are no pods that say "cappuccino".
    A pack of 10 pods costs between 3.50 and 5euro which is about the price of 2 coffees so it's not bad. Pods aren't the cheapest option but I love the novelty and it's certainly cheaper than buying coffee in a cafe (which I do too often...)

• Advertisement

Oh wait... we're not talking about nespresso anymore...

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭nostro

Oh wait... we're not talking about nespresso anymore...

To recap: OP is looking for compatible nespresso cappuccino and latte pods for a Nescafe Dulce Gusto machine.

nostro wrote: »
    To recap: OP is looking for compatible nespresso cappuccino and latte pods for a Nescafe Dulce Gusto machine.

except nespesso isn't compatible with dulce gusto... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

except nespesso isn't compatible with dulce gusto... ?

Bingo.

Advertisement