Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky In Dublin

• 30-01-2017 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi,

I am a newbie and have just purchased a telescope. I am based in city centre Dublin and wondering if there are any good locations in Dublin or surrounding areas for watching the SKY at night?

I was thinking phoenix park maybe? Or maybe the city light is too strong?

Any recommendations appreciated :)

D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Sugar loaf carpark. Where most Dubliners go as its only a half hour away from the city center.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

superd1978 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am a newbie and have just purchased a telescope. I am based in city centre Dublin and wondering if there are any good locations in Dublin or surrounding areas for watching the SKY at night?

I was thinking phoenix park maybe? Or maybe the city light is too strong?

Any recommendations appreciated :)

D
    The Dublin Sidewalk Astronomers are meeting of Feb 3th & 4th at Sandymount and Clontarf details in the following link http://www.irishastrosoc.org/events/events.htm#dsa
    Highly recommended:)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭superd1978

Thank you both, much appreciated :)

Advertisement