Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics, Accounting or Business

Options
  • 30-01-2017 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Which is the best?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Ferrari3600

Economics is the most useful and interesting in my view.

The country has too many accountants. (Take it from me, I am one.)

Business or Bus Org as we used to call it is ok but too general.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Business

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭EmmaH1997

Unless you're naturally good at accounting at jc level don't pick it.
    Business studies is really general and my friends who studied it didn't like it
    I found econ easy and its a short course we were finished by December 6th year and that was with a lot of frees like 1 a week

Edit - everyone in my econ class liked it and found it really easy apart from 2 girls who came in very late in 5th year like in Jan and March.Also there is a lot of choice in the LC paper

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LM18

As someone who did all three, I would say economics is the most useful especially if you want to do a course in the area of business.
    Economics was my worst of the three but in college, every course in the school of business must complete both micro and macro-economics in their first year, which is basically the leaving cert course so it's easy enough.
    Business is probably the least useful in terms of further education but it's an easy subject so if you're not planning on going into a business-centric course, I would choose that.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Chilli Con Kearney

The best in which context? Easiest to get a H1 in? Most useful for going to college.

Accounting and economics are both more useful than business for students moving on to third level. These LC courses provide a good basis for the content you will study in first year college. Business not so much - there isn't a huge overlap in what you do for LC and in college. For example, organisational behaviour, communications and marketing are different in third level. It can all be picked up without ever having done business.

Accounting and economics on the other hand, need work if you've never done them before. Of course, none of the three are required for business courses. Only maths is!

• Advertisement
Advertisement