Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will you get a raise this year?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Not a hope, unless i change jobs or get a promotion. Apparently, excelling at customer care doesn't mean you should get a raise. Shame, it's the reason the majority of customer care centres are terrible, because they pay peanuts and get monkeys. If they had some performance based raise system to keep good agents, we might have overall better customer support in general. I love this job, but the wages will stop me staying in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

FrostyJim wrote: »
    You mind me asking how you managed that? Fair play to you. Must have been on peanuts in the first place?

Thanks.

I did some certs in Azure over Xmas and knew it was in high demand. Got head hunted by a place and knew after interviews they really wanted me. They thought they were giving me an 8k rise, but is actually 15 and no, I wasn't on peanuts by any means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭red ears

I'm a public servant we are getting a pay restoration of €1000 in April.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

I got a car instead so that suits me fine. Only because boss is afraid I will leave. Manufacturing sector, finance side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭RedXIV

got a substantial rise last year so this year will probably just be the annual "inflation bump" of 2%

I'm happy enough with that, but come back to me in 2 years and I'll be itching for another decent bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Software dev - I'll get one but not worth talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Work for an NGO...doubtful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭RedXIV

got a substantial rise last year so this year will probably just be the annual "inflation bump" of 2%

I'm happy enough with that, but come back to me in 2 years and I'll be itching for another decent bump

Advertisement