Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage for house in UK

• 30-01-2017 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to get a mortgage with an Irish bank for a property in the U.K?

I'd be looking for approx 100k euro to buy a house which I'd like to rent out for a couple of years until I move over and live in it. I earn 45k a year and have 30k in savings. My outgoings are small and I could easily cover the mortgage.

I know during the boom that many people took out mortgages on properties abroad but I imagine most of them were in countries with the euro so I'm not sure what the situation would be with another currency.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭GunnerBlue

Hopeful bump :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I'll move it to banking forum to see if they can help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭brendan86

I have my english mortgage with KBC Ireland so it might be worth contacting them. I also have a irish mortgage with them so I dunno if they offer a UK mortgage unless you have a irish mortgage with them, id assume they do.

I have a great rate 1.46% past few years its called a Libor rate KBC uses I dont understand how exactly it is calculated I think it tracks a couple of big economies and gets the average base rate it doesnt just go on the uk base rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Barely Hedged

GunnerBlue wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to get a mortgage with an Irish bank for a property in the U.K?

I'd be looking for approx 100k euro to buy a house which I'd like to rent out for a couple of years until I move over and live in it. I earn 45k a year and have 30k in savings. My outgoings are small and I could easily cover the mortgage.

I know during the boom that many people took out mortgages on properties abroad but I imagine most of them were in countries with the euro so I'm not sure what the situation would be with another currency.

Any help would be much appreciated.

No you can't. Why didn't you just ring them over the past week to ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭GunnerBlue

brendan86 wrote: »
    I have my english mortgage with KBC Ireland so it might be worth contacting them. I also have a irish mortgage with them so I dunno if they offer a UK mortgage unless you have a irish mortgage with them, id assume they do.

I have a great rate 1.46% past few years its called a Libor rate KBC uses I dont understand how exactly it is calculated I think it tracks a couple of big economies and gets the average base rate it doesnt just go on the uk base rate.

Thank you, I'll give them a call :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement