Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Broadband Issues Northside of City.

• 30-01-2017 8:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭

Anybody else on the north side of the city and out towards meelick having problems with Vodafone broadband? Was bad last night and the same again tonight. Didn't get a chance to ring their tech and they are closed now.

Usually get a speed of 3mb-5mb. Only getting 0.10mb since last night.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Jofspring wrote: »
    Anybody else on the north side of the city and out towards meelick having problems with Vodafone broadband? Was bad last night and the same again tonight. Didn't get a chance to ring their tech and they are closed now.

Usually get a speed of 3mb-5mb. Only getting 0.10mb since last night.

No problem here in Caherdavin. I'm with Vodafone and no issues recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I'm with Sky and off out in Newport. Sky has been so very very slow this evening, getting like you at best of 0.10mb. It has come back a bit(within the past 30mins) to 40mb but normally speed is around 85mb.

Seeing as they're just all renting lines from Eir maybe there was a regional problem on all lines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Hopefully it's only something small. Will give them a ring tomorrow evening if it's still the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

No issue with Vodafone in the southside of the city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

I'm with Vodafone out in the Meelick direction and find the service to be chronic most of the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya it's not great alright but usually you can do a bit of surfing and watch Netflix but at the moment there isn't a hope of watching Netflix and pages are taking a while to load.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

Dooradoyle, issues every night. Download seems ok but pings are crazy. Usually goes back to normal around midnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Ping. Whereas I had a ping as low as 8 I had a download speed as low as 0.08mb which is shocking. It was so bad it didn't even complete and get to upload.

I rang sky and whilst on hold it says "go to our web pages and follow the tutorials" Umm, what? :D All it does it ask you is it plugged in correctly?

Realised I'll just remember the slow DL speed tomorrow when I ring them to cancel my Sky when Discovery(and others) is removed from Variety. My 50% deal for 12 months finishes as well in 32 days so I have to ring tomorrow to either get a better deal or leave.

Advertisement