Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MK large rocker light switches

Options
  • 30-01-2017 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭

Trying to source replacement switch units for a modular MK light switch. There are large format rocker switches, not the common euro format.

Damn things are poorly engineered so tend to break, such that the rocker falls off

No part number or other useful data on the switches themselves.

Date from 1999-2000, any ideas on where I might be able to get a few of the switch/rocker modules?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

I've recently picked up a couple of MK Chroma light switches from Amazon, couldn't get them in bricks and mortar shops as we had fitted them 8/9 years ago. I just did a quick search for MK rocker on Amazon and it returned some different types. Might be worth a look?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=node%3D1938304031&field-keywords=Mk+rocker&rh=n%3A79903031%2Cn%3A1938263031%2Cn%3A1938304031%2Ck%3AMk+rocker

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Thanks, being trawling Amazon also

Ideally like for like replacement of the switch modules would be my aim

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Why would you want to replace poorly engineered switches that break with the same thing?

I'd replace them with something that doesn't break. The modular thing may be cool but there are lots of alternatives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Steve wrote: »
    Why would you want to replace poorly engineered switches that break with the same thing?

I'd replace them with something that doesn't break. The modular thing may be cool but there are lots of alternatives.
    One would assume he wants them to match the rest of the switches in the house.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

One would assume he wants them to match the rest of the switches in the house.

Fair point.

However, been there and done that, gave up.

About 8 yrs ago I was in one of Woodies / Atlantic / wherever and saw MK slimline light switches - they only sit 3mm out from the wall - on sale for half nothing and decided I'd snafoo enough to do the whole house.

*Worst*decision*ever.

They will *not* fit into a shallow box with a connector behind for the neutrals without major contortions and teaching the T&E's some yoga. :D.

I got about half of them in, look really cool, the other half are still in the attic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement