Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overcharged by tinder I think maybe?

Options
  • 30-01-2017 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I think I might have been getting overcharged for tinder plus, anyone know what the heading is in your bank statement for the money deducted out of your bank account for it…? Tinder isn't mentioned anywhere in my bank statement but up until my subscription expired the other day I was getting charged for it every month.

Anyone else have similar experiences with tinder? I think they were taking usually €50 out of my account each month

To be clear I'm not sure that they were overcharging me but it really does look like it to me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

What is on your bank statement?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

You'd want to getting some serious action from tinder to justify 50 euro a month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You said elsewhere that you only had one DD and it was for tinder. So what name is on that DD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Sbefore

Number 21 is what it was down as I think?

It's understandable they wouldn't just have "tinder" on your bank statement

I signed up to tinder on July 27th and the money from that crowd I mentioned was taken out of my account on the 27th of each month and I only ever use my card online for the App Store buying games for my iPhone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

Sbefore wrote: »
    I think I might have been getting overcharged for tinder plus, anyone know what the heading is in your bank statement for the money deducted out of your bank account for it…? Tinder isn't mentioned anywhere in my bank statement but up until my subscription expired the other day I was getting charged for it every month.

Anyone else have similar experiences with tinder? I think they were taking usually €50 out of my account each month

To be clear I'm not sure that they were overcharging me but it really does look like it to me

Did u check your account at the (butt) hole in the wall?

Did u check your account at the (butt) hole in the wall?

No I don't think I get what u mean tbh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Give your bank a ring, they should have more information on the transactions. If that's no help then shoot tinder an email to find out the billing history on your account / find out what name their service comes under on bank accounts.

Give your bank a ring, they should have more information on the transactions. If that's no help then shoot tinder an email to find out the billing history on your account / find out what name their service comes under on bank accounts.

Yeah what put me off ringing the bank was how awkward it was going to be having to explain to them that I was paying for tinder but I'm sure they have to deal with much weirder stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Yeah what put me off ringing the bank was how awkward it was going to be having to explain to them that I was paying for tinder but I'm sure they have to deal with much weirder stuff!

It's only awkward if you make it awkward. The person you're talking to is probably on tinder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Trust me, they've heard much worse...

Advertisement