Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTEO (Part Time Education Option) and Private College

Options
  • 30-01-2017 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey everyone,
    I can't seem to find a concise answer relating to this, but could someone with experience comment on the Part Time Education Option and Private College?

I'd like to take up a part time course in Pulse College. The course is a level 6. I'm currently on JA as of this post. I've previously completed a different level 6 course (also part time) and I'm wondering if that would hinder retention of my JA if I take up this new part time course?

As far as I'm aware, BTEA is only available to full time students who are progressing in level, within an approved college, so in my case, I'd have to take up a level 7 course. But I'm not seeing anywhere if the same rules apply to the PTEO? I'll cover the course fees myself, but I need to make sure I can retain my JA payment throughout the duration of the course.

Thanks everyone.

Advertisement