Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Ongoing Doctor Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

The Master wrote: »

oh god thats a shocking costume awful looking but aside from that ive watched her now in a couple of things and she is a decent actress.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Calaldi's outfit changed a bit during his first few episodes so there's no reason this one won't evolve. When they start filming her episodes properly it may prove impractical.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭corkie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I quite like it; quite different to the previous ones that were a touch naff with all the futuristic silver.

On another note, I believe Murray Gold confirmed today he was stepping down from music duties with the show - by all accounts this feels like a proper reset from top to bottom at this stage.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

DWgjdm2X0AEJSBG.jpg:large

Costume looks pretty cool in silhouette.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭corkie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

So rumours are, the first Series 11 trailer will air this Monday (Jun 15) around the time of an England game during the World Cup. Nothing confirmed as of yet though ....

Welp, so much for the rumours? Haven't heard of any trailer being released tonight anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 43,924 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Nope, but there was trailers for new season of 'Luther' and the new series from the creator of Line Of Duty, 'Bodyguard'. I'd say a trailer will appear before the end of the group stages.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Spoiler alert

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/441652227526885376/460860386560835584/unknown.png

There's other pics floating around and also 1 possibly 2 scenes leaked...

• Advertisement

Interesting: leaks of the trailer, or leaks of actual scenes?

This close to Comic-Con that's a bit of a blooper on the part of the BBC...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

A picture of the new doctor looking at something is hardly a huge leak.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

pixelburp wrote: »
    Interesting: leaks of the trailer, or leaks of actual scenes?

This close to Comic-Con that's a bit of a blooper on the part of the BBC...

It's a leaked scene from just after the regeneration
    Looks like it was intended to be screened at Comic-Con

Looks like the replacement for Murray Gold has been announced: Segun Akinola, a relatively unknown composer by all accounts (well, to me anyway) although he has a soundcloud for anyone wanting a taste of his musical stylings. No news on whether he'll recompose the theme tune as well.

https://soundcloud.com/segunakinola

• Registered Users Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Im going to miss Murray Gold. Have all the albums

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

That "Who" logo in the circle is very nice.

Seems like at this stage there's a huge amount of hype and eagerness to see Whittaker in action; if the scripts can inject some freshness into proceedings, this could be the shot in the arm the show kinda needed.

Doesn't feel like a year since she was announced as the new Doctor. That's flown in.

well that wasn't much tbh, I guess more substantive promotion might appear during comic con ...

• Advertisement

I forgot Bradley Walsh was going to be in it....

Yeah, most sites saying they expect a proper trailer or at least some proper footage to appear at CC.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not much of a trailer, but Jodie is so pretty. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Goodshape wrote: »
    That "Who" logo in the circle is very nice.

Reminds me of Doctor Strange for some reason

All Eyes On Rafah

Posted it but only got a chance to watch it now. Whittaker really giving good vibes so far, am liking what I'm seeing so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭flazio

No sign of any aliens or monsters though.

Interesting. It looks like all 3 of them are full time companions?

That's the impression I get: it's a tricky needle to thread for the writers, 'cos there's a risk one of the crew end up spinning their wheels, locked in a proverbial (or literal) cage. It's probably a good budget shaving tactic too: with 3 companions you can spread out the exposition, and reduce the need for scene setting extras that cost money.

flazio wrote: »
    No sign of any aliens or monsters though.

Well I guess the Daleks will appear, given IIRC the BBC are obliged to use 'em (or lose 'em) as it's the estate of Terry Nation that owns the rights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The full(ish) San Diego Comic Con Panel...

Advertisement