Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Ongoing Doctor Discussion

Options
1323334353638»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Rumours: Steve Moffat is back to write the Christmas special.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Good to hear he's still open to writing for DW though his previous Christmas specials were quite hit and miss I thought. I'd be more excited if he was penning a regular series episode/two-partner.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

His well ran a little dry by the end but by god if I had to choose between any of the old producers coming back it'd be Moffat over Davies in a heartbeat. I think he got the show far more than his predecessor ever did.

Assuming I couldn't resurrect Phillip Hinchcliffe that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Oh for sure, he's far better than Davies. I just had hopes for the return of the Moffat mid season belter like in the original RTD run. I think a 10 episode run of just Davies episodes is going to suck.

Tbh, I've even started to warm to Chibnall over RTD after giving the second season of Chibnall's/Whittaker's run a chance. Lots of controversial stuff there for sure, but no farting aliens, Master using his hands as jet packs, stupid pop songs everywhere. Giving the Master that "sound of drums" backstory just so he could work that awful Voodoo Child song into an episode...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Davis never had the ability to draw out an idea correctly like Moffat had.

I'd have loved to see what Moffat could have done with the Toymaker. Still though, was good episode.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭RickBlaine

I'm a casual Doctor Who fan. I've seen all of NuWho but only once and cannot remember almost all of the previous seasons. Anyway, I've just caught up with the first David Tennent episode after the Whittaker era, and there was an indication that the general public don't believe in aliens and that an alien crash landing would be a novel event.

If I remember correctly, Earth has been invaded many times by aliens throughout the NuWho era (and presumably during classic Who too).

Have I missed something that explains this discrepancy or is this just a plot hole.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Canon is not this show's strongest suit and often ignores or forgets any prior alien invasions. Given this universe has probably seen the most earth-threatening invasions of any SciFi series, it's probably for the best it doesn't even try to keep track.

It's also more a money thing cos creating a world used to invasion would get expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,697 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

‘Doctor Who’ Spinoff Starring Russell Tovey & Gugu Mbatha-Raw Officially Set At BBC & Disney+

The BBC and Disney+ have ordered The War Between The Land And The Sea, a five-part spinoff series starring Russell Tovey and Gugu Mbatha-Raw alongside existing Doctor Who stars Jemma Redgrave and Alexander Devrient.

The War Between The Land And The Sea focuses on military organization UNIT. Per the logline, when a fearsome and ancient species emerges from the ocean, dramatically revealing themselves to humanity, an international crisis is triggered. With the entire population at risk, UNIT steps into action as the land and sea wage war.

Doctor Who showrunner and executive producer Russell T Davies wrote the spinoff with Pete McTighe (A Discovery of Witches) and it features the return of the Sea Devils, classic Doctor Who villains first seen in 1972. It comes after the spinoff was alluded to in the 73 Yards episode, the fourteenth episode of Season 14 of the revived era………

• Registered Users Posts: 60,697 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The BBC working over time they have pulled an episode with Huw Edwards and are editing it and re-dubbing him.

They are also have removed a Children in Need promo because the stabbing suspect appeared in it dressed as the Doctor emerges from the Tardis.

Bloody he'll, what are the odds. Only vaguely familiar with the stabbings as I'm consciously avoiding the news but even it leaked through.

Mind you, if the BBC wanna go the whole hog they could just as well scrub Fear Her entirely from the lineup - ain't nobody would miss it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement