Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding external Microphone to Hikvision NVR

Options
  • 30-01-2017 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Have a Hikvision NVR (DS-7616NI-E2-16) for monitoring cow shed along with a few Hikvision IP cameras. Its done on a Local Area network, so i can monitor cows on iPhone using the Hikvision App on the Wifi.

The cameras are powered by the NVR using POE however they do not have an external microphone.

I would like to be able to hear if there was a cow in distress. I tried to connect an external powered microphone into the Audio in port on the back of the NVR. I then went into the NVR settings and turned on audio, however there is no sound on the App when i log in. (Sound is turned on in the app, and the volume is up on the iPhone.

:confused:

Any ideas??

JP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Have you an amp as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭cjpm

kub wrote: »
    Have you an amp as well?

All I have is an external mic and a power supply to provide 12v to it. Mic is then connected to Audio in on NVR.

Do I need an amp too? If so what type is best?

Advertisement