Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone won't connect to iTunes

Options
  • 31-01-2017 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,

I upgraded my phone from the 5S to the 6S today. I backed up the 5S on iTunes and then went to set up the new phone. But the won't connect to iTunes for me. Whenever i have iTunes open and connect the cable a pop up message appears saying "iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because an invalid response was received from the device." I've tried different cables, different USB slots, I have the most up to date iTunes, I updated the phone.... :confused:

Has anyone had this problem before and know how to go about fixing it because it's getting very frustrating here not having any of my apps or music on the new phone.

Appreciate any advice on what to do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

caffers3 wrote: »
    Hi,

I upgraded my phone from the 5S to the 6S today. I backed up the 5S on iTunes and then went to set up the new phone. But the won't connect to iTunes for me. Whenever i have iTunes open and connect the cable a pop up message appears saying "iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because an invalid response was received from the device." I've tried different cables, different USB slots, I have the most up to date iTunes, I updated the phone.... :confused:

Has anyone had this problem before and know how to go about fixing it because it's getting very frustrating here not having any of my apps or music on the new phone.

Appreciate any advice on what to do.

Has the new phone been activated with a SIM card?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

What version of iTunes are you using? What iOS was on the 5s? I had the same issue. My iTunes didn't support the newer iOS of the iPhone 7!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 caffers3

naasrd wrote: »
    Has the new phone been activated with a SIM card?

Yeah I took the SIM from my old phone and put it into the new one.
    antodeco wrote: »
    What version of iTunes are you using? What iOS was on the 5s? I had the same issue. My iTunes didn't support the newer iOS of the iPhone 7!

I have the most up to date version of iTunes. Don't have the most up to date iOS on the 5S.

Advertisement