Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

source a rear wheel for turbo <50euro

Options
  • 31-01-2017 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm trying to source a rear 11spd shimano road wheel for the turbo and trainer tyres. Looking to pick up for less than 50 if possible :D ... any suggestions gratefully received!

J

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Well you're not going to get one new for that sort of price, so your main options are probably our Cycling Adverts sub-forum, Adverts.ie, Donedeal and the like

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Beasty wrote: »
    Well you're not going to get one new for that sort of price, so your main options are probably our Cycling Adverts sub-forum, Adverts.ie, Donedeal and the like

I'm hoping to get something as cheap as possible, i have considered second hand and actively looking online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

Rose have this for €61, you will have to pay €8 postage but if you register with them you will get €10 off your first order.

https://www.rosebikes.com/article/rose-28700-c-xtreme-airline-4shimano-fh-rs400-road-rear-wheel/aid:716436

This wheel has an 11 speed compatible freehub. There are cheap pairs of Shimano R501 wheels there for €79 but they are not 11 speed compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

clog wrote: »
    Rose have this for €61, you will have to pay €8 postage but if you register with them you will get €10 off your first order.

https://www.rosebikes.com/article/rose-28700-c-xtreme-airline-4shimano-fh-rs400-road-rear-wheel/aid:716436

This wheel has an 11 speed compatible freehub. There are cheap pairs of Shimano R501 wheels there for €79 but they are not 11 speed compatible.

Cheers might consider that, yeah I'm also seeing these for 99euro but i don't need a front (http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/shimano-pr-whls-rs010/#pid=29053). As I need a cassette also i'm trying to keep the cost down as best I can

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭okane1

jon1981 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm trying to source a rear 11spd shimano road wheel for the turbo and trainer tyres. Looking to pick up for less than 50 if possible :D ... any suggestions gratefully received!

J

Pop into your local bike shop. They might have old used wheels for free which are perfect for turbos. I got a used aksium for free which I use on the turbo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

I was on here last week looking for same thing. Had no luck in any of the LBS when I went asking. Any rear wheels that are being upgraded are being retained for same purpose as I want, those being discarded have been bumped or damaged and therefore no use on the turbo. One poster (Foxmoves) however kindly offered me one. Didn't work out for me due to logistics but might work for you if you make contact.

In the end I bought a new wheelset on offer from Chain Reactions & cassette from Wiggle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement