Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2017 season.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

I'll be back again on the night for those who miss out with uninterrupted live coverage, featuring former Limerick manager (and Cork assistant manager!) Noel O'Connor, at www.mixlr.com/limerick-soccer-live

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

AlanOB wrote: »
    I'll be back again on the night for those who miss out with uninterrupted live coverage, featuring former Limerick manager (and Cork assistant manager!) Noel O'Connor, at www.mixlr.com/limerick-soccer-live

Enjoying the broadcasts .... I'll be at the game tomorrow tho. Gonna be a bumper crowd...

Cork bring over 700 apparently .... should be a great atmosphere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭RINO87

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    Enjoying the broadcasts .... I'll be at the game tomorrow tho. Gonna be a bumper crowd...

I'll second that, great job!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 BigBulldog

What time is butchers open until lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭Jofspring

BigBulldog wrote: »
    What time is butchers open until lads?

Not sure what time they close but if you're getting a terrace ticket and don't have time to buy one before tomorrow you will get one handy enough outside the ground.

Thanks. Is the talk of a sell out just hyperbole so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

BigBulldog wrote: »
    Thanks. Is the talk of a sell out just hyperbole so

No but don't be turning up at 7.40 looking for a ticket.

Stand holds 1150 sold out
    Away allocation 700 sold out
    Season tickets Terrace 50 minimum

Tickets sold 1900

Official capacity is circa 3750

Roughly 1850 tickets for sale

Thanks pal.much appreciated. I'll hit the butchers in the morning.

If you turned up tomorrow looking for a terrace ticket there isn't a hope in hell you'd be turned away.

In saying that I would definitely advise to get there at least 45minutes to 1hr before kick off to avoid queues.

• Advertisement

Jofspring wrote: »
    If you turned up tomorrow looking for a terrace ticket there isn't a hope in hell you'd be turned away.

In saying that I would definitely advise to get there at least 45minutes to 1hr before kick off to avoid queues.

Have the club got an extension on capacity, chatting to one of the guards involved in the last few games, the fire Marshall is keeping an eye on this game re attendance and fire safety etc

Have the club got an extension on capacity, chatting to one of the guards involved in the last few games, the fire Marshall is keeping an eye on this game re attendance and fire safety etc

They wouldn't have an expansion but the stand wasn't sold out and still isn't to the best of my knowledge. The allocations in the two shops were gone alright but still tickets available. If early enough tomorrow they might even still be picked up.

I had also heard Cork could be bringing up to 1,000 but in reality they still had tickets from their original allocation of 600 on sale up to yesterday. Being a Friday night I think 600-700 max is more reasonable a figure. If we played them Saturday it would be much higher.

The terrace then can take another few thousand easily enough with the bank open to people.

I'd hazard a guess that their will be 2,500 Limerick fans and 700 Cork fans. That's 3,200 and is below the max capacity and should mean plenty of terrace tickets for everyone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 431 ✭✭Killergreene

Still stand available in paddy macs. Concession, looked to have plenty of them. Got a bag of skirts and kidneys for lunch too.

Still stand available in paddy macs. Concession, looked to have plenty of them. Got a bag of skirts and kidneys for lunch too.

I got mine there Wednesday and a couple of lamb hearts for my lunch today ðŸ‘

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Limerick 0-3 Cork

Cork easily brushed Limerick aside tonight in front of nearly 3000 people.

We had the first chance of the game, Ogbene's run setting up shooting chance for Lynch, but it was blocked by a defender.

As in the past, we are our own worst enemy at times with our passing across the back, and we did it yet again, Kelly and Whitehead getting their wires crossed, and the ball presented on a plate for Sean McGuire to run in and calmly fire past Clarke.

Cork were just better than us all over the pitch, and made it 2 when an inswinging corner was finished at the far post. Tommy Robson should have done better - not sure if he was trying to shepherd it out, or just didn't know there was a player behind him. A header for Tosi was all that Limerick created until half time.

John O'Flynn came on to shake things up at half time,but we were 3 down after just a minute. As a Cork midfielder advanced on goal, the Limerick defence stood off waiting to cover a pass, but instead he placed a shot just inside Clarke's right hand post.

It was only then, after Cork had the game sewn up, that Limerick had any real presence in attack. We huffed and puffed but created little. Robbie Williams had a deflected free kick that the keeper had to tip round the post, and there were a few headers off target, but that was it.

A fairly stark indication of just how far off the pace we are.

Next game: Away to St. Pats, Friday April 7th, 7.45pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭Derbhoy

Reality check tbh mid table Mediocrity or worse Relegation dog fight with 3 going down !

Derbhoy wrote: »
    Reality check tbh mid table Mediocrity or worse Relegation dog fight with 3 going down !

With the money we are allegedly spending we should be looking at top half. But despite that we don't have a plan or system, we look headless and clueless, Russell is to blame for that

Pathetic performance
    There was no steel or grit to our side. IanTurner again looking lost. Whitehead looks junior level. We gave away three soft goals. My own feeling is it's time for Russell to go now.

This passing it around the back is a joke - The Cork management couldn't believe their lcuk and after about 15 mins just told their forwards to press the Limerick backs and they'd cough up goals... As a member of the Cork coaching staff said to me, only Barcelona can play like that- it's ridiculous. Cork also couldn't believe Turner was left on for 90 mins - they laughed at it. Why was Hery not given a run? Management need to sort their sh*t out big time - I've been told Gaffney is in talks with Cork, you'd have to fancy them to go all the way at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Martin Russell has left the club 'by mutual consent'.

Statement from the club which includes a startment from Russell:
    Limerick Football Club and Martin Russell have today parted company by mutual consent. Chairman Pat O’Sullivan and Martin Russell have released the following statements:

“The board and Martin had a meeting this morning. Following a discussion we mutually agreed to go our separate ways. The board and Martin subsequently met the players to inform them of Martin’s departure.

All at Limerick FC wish to thank Martin for his tremendous contribution to the club’s development since joining in 2014, and we would like to express our sincere gratitude for his hard work and commitment throughout that time.

His role in winning the First Division last year in such spectacular fashion, as well as reaching the final of the EA Sports Cup, will not be forgotten and secures his place in our club’s history. He will always be warmly welcomed back to the Markets Field.” – Pat O’Sullivan."

“Following a meeting this morning the Club and I have mutually and amicably decided to part-company. I would like to place on record my sincere thanks to Pat O’Sullivan for the opportunity to have managed Limerick Football Club. I would also like to wish everyone at the club, players and staff, the very best for the future in driving the club forward to achieve their goals” – Martin Russell.

There will be no further comment until a new appointment is made.

osarusan wrote: »
    Martin Russell has left the club 'by mutual consent'.

Statement from the club which includes a startment from Russell:

Been coming for a long time apparently.

Best for all but who is now in the Frame ?

Derbhoy wrote: »
    Best for all but who is now in the Frame ?

Tommy Dunne, Henderson(cobh) maybe someone from England

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Tommy Dunne, Henderson(cobh) maybe someone from England

Ranieri's available. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bazzajf

I heard Tommy Dunne mentioned too. Intriguingly, there is even stronger chatter regarding Pat O'Sullivan having approached Steve Staunton with an offer. We'll have to wait and see I suppose..believe it when I see it!

Staunton ffs Ian Barraclough is he available?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mart 23

Dave O Leary is he still around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Hopefully whoever it is considers a change in captaincy, imo the only reason Duggie hasn't been dropped or taken off so far this year is because he's been captain and being a local lad I think too many people judge his performances with blue tinted glasses.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 431 ✭✭Killergreene

Weird decision at a strange time. Is it a case pos wanted Europe and Russell didn't agree. Apparently he was called to a meeting after the bohs and harps game and told his job was on the line

Advertisement