Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I-94 Not Recorded 2012, flying soon..

Options
  • 31-01-2017 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

My departure records from the USA in 2012 did not seem to have been recorded due to mishandling of the i94. I do not have the paper card as I believe I handed this in. I am traveling to the USA again for the first time on April 14th and want to have the sufficient evidence sent to the right people and present on the day in the airport.

The proof I think I can gather is a signed letter from my university showing I returned to university when the J1 visa ended. My flight itinerary email when I booked (still looking for a boarding pass, not holding out..). A bank statement showing me spend money in Ireland after, and also withdrawing money in Heathrow Airport during the flight layover. I also have work records from my current employer for the 3 proceeding years after university.

My flight is in two months, so I am sending to an Ohio office next week now and bringing it to the airport. Does it seem like enough? I have a 10 hour flight before I face customs:( :( I have the ESTA approved. Just wondering if anyone has experience with this issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

whitneytfc wrote: »
    My departure records from the USA in 2012 did not seem to have been recorded due to mishandling of the i94. I do not have the paper card as I believe I handed this in.

What makes you think your records have not been updated to show you departed the US at the time you did?

There is a virtually identical thread on the same topic, it's on the first page of this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 whitneytfc

coylemj wrote: »
    What makes you think your records have not been updated to show you departed the US at the time you did?

There is a virtually identical thread on the same topic, it's on the first page of this forum.
    Thanks for getting back. Apologies for that, I just saw the other post right after I posted, I was diverted from an older usa/canada thread and didn't read down.

You can check departure records on the I-94 website. I also received an email from USIT saying to check my passport as it may have been left behind but since it wasn't there I assumed it was okay.

Advertisement