Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overlimit fee due to lodement machine delay

Options
  • 31-01-2017 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

So yesterday morn I saw my account was slightly overdrawn. I went in and lodged the money to cover it in a bank of ireland lodgement machine. However the lodgment didnt go in until today and last night I got an overlimit fee. I rang 365 online today and was told that they would not refund the fee,despite the fact the account would of been fine if the lodgement machine would done what it was supposed to, he wouldnt even put me thru to my lovcal branch

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

gonzoscoce wrote: »
    So yesterday morn I saw my account was slightly overdrawn. I went in and lodged the money to cover it in a bank of ireland lodgement machine. However the lodgment didnt go in until today and last night I got an overlimit fee. I rang 365 online today and was told that they would not refund the fee,despite the fact the account would of been fine if the lodgement machine would done what it was supposed to, he wouldnt even put me thru to my lovcal branch
    Hi gonzoscoce, thanks for getting in touch and I’m sorry to hear this.
    I’d like to look into this further for you here, can you please let me know what time you made the lodgement on Monday and if you lodged cash or cheque?
    Thanks
    Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gonzoscoce

Hi Nicola, I lodged the money at 6pm yesterday with external machine in Naas, cash. I got my overlimit fine at 9pm and my funds that I lodged did not go through till this morning

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Hi Nicola, I lodged the money at 6pm yesterday with external machine in Naas, cash.  I got my overlimit fine at 9pm and my funds that I lodged did not go through till this morning
    Not to be an ass with you but 6pm is after the normal working hours of the bank so in my opinion the charges are right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi Nicola, I lodged the money at 6pm yesterday with external machine in Naas, cash.  I got my overlimit fine at 9pm and my funds that I lodged did not go through till this morning
    Thanks gonzoscoce,

The value of any cash lodged after normal opening hours would not be posted to your account until the next working day.

An overlimit item charge is automatically applied daily on each item paid that causes an account to go over its agreed limit, or to go overdrawn if there was no overdraft in place. The balance on the account at the time the paid item is posted will determine if an overlimit item charge is applied. 

Thanks
    Nicola

Advertisement