Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allotments in Maynooth area?

Options
  • 31-01-2017 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all, I'm hoping to rent an allotment somewhere in the Maynooth area. I've tried Maynooth Fisheries, but they don't do allotments anymore, and I've had a look at the wonderful barn, but the motorway is so close that the noise would probably drive me insane.

I was just wondering whether anybody might know anywhere else (I've tried the CoCo's website...)... or even a private person who might be happy to rent out parts of their land?

I'd just be looking for a small allotment (100m² or so) in order to grow fruit and veg; I'd like to put together a tiny polytunnel, but no buildings or large structures. No pesticides etc.

Many thanks,
    anja

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Rosahane

I remember seeing a sign for some on the Rathcoffey to Prosperous road.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 anjabu

Brilliant, I'll check that out! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

There's a decent one in Leixlip at the Wonderful barn, if that's any use to you?

http://www.kildare.ie/CountyCouncil/LeisureServices/WonderfulBarnAllotments/

Ah thanks for that, I had a look at them, and the Wonderful Barn is certainly a great incentive. But the motorway noise is quite a minus, so I was hoping to find somewhere a bit quieter before I get in touch with CoCo re Wonderful Barn. Thanks anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Griffin allotments in newcastle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

There is one between Rathcoffey and Prosperous. It's about halfway between the Clane Road and Prosperous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭brian_t

Are there allotments on the Dublin side of Leixlip, just before the small industrial estate where Tara Co Op used to be.

Thanks all, I'll probably go with Newcastle, thanks for throwing in your ideas! all best, anja

Advertisement